Jambands.ca

Why is it when I drink and party hard I feel great the next day?

The Chameleon

Ok this is weird and it has affected me my entire life.

When I go out and drink (3 cocktails or more..I don't drink beer) and party with various intoxicants. I feel great the next day refreshed and ready to go. Isn't it suppose to be the other way around?

On the other hand if I go to bed early and stay at home..I have to drag my ass out of bed and I'm not on my game until about noon.

Perfect example was last night.. I was fairly bummed out and bitter as usual..so some friends of my took me out to a hot Thursday night spot in Toronto. I had 5 cocktails and smoked a couple joints and went home. I woke up at 8:10am feeling refreshed and in good spirits. I am also more productive at work today?

What gives? Anyone else experiece this? Does this mean I really do need more alchahol and drugs to be happy?

You thoughts appriciated. :crazy: :P

On the other hand if I go to bed early and stay at home..I have to drag my ass out of bed and I'm not on my game until about noon.

Maybe it has nothing to do with alcohol but the fact that you go to bed later when you go out. Maybe you are just getting too much sleep.

That and the 30 thing.

chameleon i'm the same way! if i go out and get absolutely smashed the next day i'll wake up at eight or so and be ready to go!

the nights i choose to stay in and do whatever it is that i do when i stay in and go to bed early, it's a guaranteed noon wakeup the next day.

it is weird and i've thought about it a lot. my friends are baffled.

i'm not going to question in though in fear of losing it. thank god i don't get hangovers like the ones my friends suffer from.

ps. do you drink lots of water? that could contribute to the lack of a hangover. i drink close to 3L per day.

Edited by Guest

chameleon i'm the same way! if i go out and get absolutely smashed the next day i'll wake up at eight or so and be ready to go!

the nights i choose to stay in and do whatever it is that i do when i stay in and go to bed early, it's a guaranteed noon wakeup the next day.

it is weird and i've thought about it a lot. my friends are baffled.

i'm not going to question in though in fear of losing it. thank god i don't get hangovers like the ones my friends suffer from.

ps. do you drink lots of water? that could contribute to the lack of a hangover. i drink close to 3L per day.

Yes I do drink tonnes of water and I never go to bed drunk. I am also not 30 yet so, maybe that's it or something..although I'm close to thirty (a pierced up freak never tells his age.) I also treat my body fairly well (except the part chemicals and booze), I eat well, and go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I also think it really has something to do with me not drinking beer. I used to drink beer when I was like 17, then I stopped 'casue it always bloated me out and made me feel like crap.

I'm not questioning this genetic luck. Just wondering!

Here's to us pro party monsters! Keep on livinm' it up.

Edited by Guest

I was a machine until 30 hit. Now I take two or three days to recover.

Age has nothing to do with it.

It all depends how much you drink and if you are having a good time.

You can drink three drinks at twenty and feel rotten and drink twice as much at 50 and feel great.

The older you get the more you can drink and feel great the next day because you realize how much shorter your life is getting.

I don't know if this makes any sense to any of you because you are all under 30 or 40!!!!

The older you get the more you can drink and feel great the next day because you realize how much shorter your life is getting.

It's called building up a tolerance you alky. But keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Maybe you should start telling yourself some positive things.Yes it helps!!!!!

See you at the Jambands Fundraiser.

I lie to myself all the time and I just get more depressed.

As far as the fundraiser goes, only if you're lucky. It will depend on a ride from one of the Hamilton folk who loathe and despise me ever so much. Should I bring boxing gloves or you gonna spank me soft.