Jambands.ca

NUFUNK FRIDAYS AT THE GYPSY CO-OP

Jay Funk Dawg

Gypsy Co-op NuFunk Fridays Presents...

Friday, Jan. 13th, 2006

CHRIS BOTTOMLEY BAND (Toronto, ON)

www.chrisbottomley.com

Chris Bottomley performs live, spirited, funky stuff, culled from the labrynths of the heart and soul, messin' with the body and mind. On electric bass & vocals he plays, sings, and writes rock, funk, reggae and jazz, and live performances feature his incendiary, propulsive djembe playing. "True to his reputation as one of the Big Smoke's best bass thumpers" - NOW Magazine

Saturday, Jan 21st, 2006

GOD MADE ME FUNKY

www.godmademefunky.com

w/ DJ ?UESQUECEST ::rare grooves::

upstairs in the Hootch

God Made Me Funky is Toronto's top Funky live ensemble comprised of a diverse array of musicians ranging from classically trained Jazz artists to street schooled Hip-Hop & R&B vocalists, all of which share the common bond of moving crowds and bringing the Nu Funk in to the next millennium.

Friday, Jan. 27th, 2006

THE BREAKFAST (East Haven, CT. USA)

US TOURING JAZZ-ROCK ACT

www.thebreakfast.net

w/ Toronto's MUZO

www.muzomusic.com

The BREAKFAST has a sound that combines the best elements of the groove-burning of P-Funk, the masterful precision of 70's jazz-fusion, the adventurousness of Frank Zappa and the take-no-prisoners rock and funk of Led Zeppelin and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Their new album, titled REAL RADIO , features harder edged driving funk tunes and blazing musicianship.

Friday, Feb 3th, 2006

What the Thunder Said (Guelph, ON)

www.whatthethundersaid.ca

w/ SPECIAL GUESTS TBA

Based out of Guelph, Ontario, What the thunder Said is a high-ejnergy four-piece whose collection of compositions are filled with contagious rhythms and melodies that spread positive vibes to listeners. They possess a friendly, grass-roots attitude with a focus that is bent on creating epic sound and a positive atmosphere and share a passion for delicate melodies and the thrill of improvisation.

Hey headz up Skanks...The Chameleon Project is the special guests at the What the Thunder Said Show.

We were looking for a chance to team up with these dudes and we'd love to welcome them back to the T-Dot.

More to follow....

P.s. Smoothedsheddar is right. JazzFM won't touch anyone not in the Toronto Jazz mafia (i.e Faculty formt he local Jazz departments at York, Humber, Mohawk etc..or those they directly endorse) I've been trying to get them to play anything my band does for years. I even went to all those schools. Tough go.