Jambands.ca

who posted Lauzon's show on jambands?

kookycanooky

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who are those bloggers?

John W. MacDonald runs a blog dedicated to literary events around town and who has a twice-monthly column in the Citizen. :cool:

I was disappointed with the comments left on John's blog by "amanda" since I posted this here :( . More people would come to poetry readings if fewer poets were so darn snooty. :(

Kathryn is, at the risk of sounding utterly incestuous, the Dusty Owl webmistress, who mentioned Dave's show without knowing John would blog about it. She was surprised when I told her he mentioned her. :)

oh man...that's a REALLY funny quote...

"A chacun son gout. I've never been so bored at a Dusty Owl. To me that was the equivalent of electric guitar masturbation, talented, but still masturbation. "

Lots of people got off on that performance...and she's calling in masturbation. I guess then it was more of a group sex thing, but she was excluded? That girl needs to get laid!

still no tracklist?

Here it is:

Track 1 -introduction

Track 2 -Autograph

Track 3 -Betty's Funeral

Track 4 -Aslan's song

Track 5 -in between song blabbering

Track 6 -Fly->

Track 7 -Dark Side of The Spoon->

Track 8 -Dark Side of The Spoon cont->Revivication

Track 9 -between song blabbering

Track 10 -Otherworld

Track 11 -between song blabbering

Track 12 -With or Without You (U2 cover)

Apparently all the songs were performed for the first time in public, save for track 3 (Betty's Funeral). Betty was a chicken by the way...

When was Betty's Funeral first played in public?

Edit to add: Thanks for the track names Pablo!

Edited by Guest

Track 6 -Fly->

Oops; my bad. I was hoping to have those three songs split as separate tracks, but had to guess as to where the transitions were. (For reference, Pablo, could you tell me the point [in minutes:seconds into it] at which "DSotS" ends and "Revivication" starts? It'd help me track upcoming sets.)

Aloha,

Brad

Lots of people got off on that performance...and she's calling in masturbation. I guess then it was more of a group sex thing, but she was excluded? That girl needs to get laid!

Hey bouche -- nice response on MacDonald's blog to amanda's comment which was utterly out of place. I thought it would be out of place for me to counter -- you did it with class and aplomb. :cool: I owe you a beer when I see you 31 March... unless I see you sooner.

Betty's Funeral was played in public for the first time at Betty's Funeral.

Hear-hear. Thanks for the setlist, by the way.

Track 6 -Fly->

Oops; my bad. I was hoping to have those three songs split as separate tracks' date=' but had to guess as to where the transitions were. (For reference, Pablo, could you tell me the point [in minutes:seconds into it'] at which "DSotS" ends and "Revivication" starts? It'd help me track upcoming sets.)

Aloha,

Brad

Brad: Revivication begins at about 2:24 in track 8.

I'm suprised you tracked it as well as you did.

Thanks again for a great recording of this show.