Jambands.ca

Lets Bash Alexis....

Cully

milton sucks

fuckin' right it sucks! I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do here. I lived in Milton for over 10 years and hated it but now all my friends have moved out of town. Thank god a new bar opened up.

Lazlo infomred me this new bar you speak of has one of the holes in the wall that you can stick your troll weiner in and hope for the best.

See you around town Brah!!

in all seriousness, one of the things i'ma try to do this new year is start fewer sentences with "i hate blah blah blah"

and i really don't see why my friends rag on me for being negative...i simply express my opinion about what's going on at the time...it's just too bad my friends like things that for the most part i don't like....if we ever did anything I liked, then i'd have good things to say! and i never complain about doing thigns i don't like all the time...and i always point out SOMETHING positive about what i'm not liking...

ok...maybe i am negative. can a person be a negative optimist?

edit to add: birdy, it's my dry libertarian wit...hey, have you read the fountainhead by ayn rand?

ps cully...i know you love me...cause you think i'm really a man.

Edited by Guest

ok...maybe i am negative. can a person be a negative optimist?

I think so. From The Notebooks of Lazarus Long:

Pessimist by policy, optimist by temperament -- it is possible to be both. How? By never taking an unnecessary chance and by minimizing risks you can't avoid. This permits you to play out the game happily, untroubled by the certainty of the outcome.

I phrase it as "Hope for the best, plan for the worst." Optimism vs. pessimism isn't really the issue, to me, it's more idealism vs. realism. I have no problem with someone being negative (about a particular thing or issue), provided she/he can back it up with evidence. Saying this or that "sucks" isn't enough, IMHO; it's much more valuable to say why (you think) this or that sucks.

Aloha,

Brad

edit to add: birdy, it's my dry libertarian wit...hey, have you read the fountainhead by ayn rand?

yes i have! great book!

and let it be known that i appreciate your dry libertarian wit a lot. it's fuckin' hilarious :)

i think a lot of people get "opinionated" confused with being negative. c'est la frickin' vie.