Jambands.ca

Political Forum

two

why is there a travel forum that never ever gets used and not a Political Forum?????? All of this election gobble-dee-gook needs a home so as not to bore those of us looking for music to DEATH!

people were going on trips at the time and posting wonderful accounts in the cavern which I didn't want to see get lost. I anticipated more people going on trips and reporting back with photos and stories so the travel forum was born.

However, there hasn't been anything posted since. Heck, I even went to Cuba, took photos, but didn't really have the time to put together a trip diary.

There are only a couple of reasons to create a new forum. One is so that important things don't get lost in general chat, another would be that there is a strong demand for a seperate topic forum, and another is to localize postings.

I've thought about making a music only forum and keep the general chat GENERAL.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he said there is a voters refusal box that will be on your ballot, in other words, if you don't want to vote for any of the above, you can vote to not vote. what would happen if ALL the people who didn't want to vote did that...what would happen if the refusal box got the majority of the vote? is there anything on the books to deal with this? if not what do y'all think would happen.

We already have that, though it's not a separate box. You can go to the polling station, get your ballot, and then hand it right back to the polling person and tell them that you're declining your vote. The declined votes are tabulated with all the others. I worked a polling station for the last provincial election and they were sure to warn us about this, I think we had one person do it the whole day.

you fuckin' bitch..that is the last time I let you on my computer (you are only allowed in the gimp room from now on)

Schwa thank you for supporting me during this tough time in my life "the gayest of times"

-'not that there is anything wrong with it'

Edited by Guest

I think there should be a forum where people post all about stuff they are trying to sell. Could be pretty fun and help me get rid of some of my crap.

ANyone want to buy a set of 'vintage' golf clubs. Ideal for a challenging round of golf or as a conversation piece in the games parlour! $50. Includes golf bag and umbrella and balls and tees. Newly shined!

A must see!

jesus christ fuck.

dude makes a valid point (suggestion) about forum creation based upon reasons other forums have been created and look what happens.

this place is nutty sometimes.

er, no. It wasn't a suggestion so much as it was a needless complaint:

All of this election gobble-dee-gook needs a home so as not to bore those of us looking for music to DEATH!

this is not a high traffic board. We really don't need a separate home for these kinds of discussions. Just don't open the thread. I'd say I open about 50% of the threads around here. Not too hard.

why is there a travel forum that never ever gets used and not a Political Forum?????? All of this election gobble-dee-gook needs a home so as not to bore those of us looking for music to DEATH!

people were going on trips at the time and posting wonderful accounts in the cavern which I didn't want to see get lost. I anticipated more people going on trips and reporting back with photos and stories so the travel forum was born.

However' date=' there hasn't been anything posted since. Heck, I even went to Cuba, took photos, but didn't really have the time to put together a trip diary.

There are only a couple of reasons to create a new forum. One is so that important things don't get lost in general chat, another would be that there is a strong demand for a seperate topic forum, and another is to localize postings.

I've thought about making a music only forum and keep the general chat GENERAL.[/quote']

Thank you bouche. A straight forward answer to a straight forward question (although not really answered :) ) and no one telling me what I should be doing. Appreciated.

listen pal, i'm not trying to get anyone's ire here. it is a very logical question, no one gives a rats ass what kind of problems i have with clicking on a thread, just a simple question. for you to jump all over my character and clicking abilities is bunk.

its serves to think that if there were several posts about sports, a sports forum was created and so forth for east, west and travel. for you to not see this makes you ignorant and your attacks at my board prowess moot.

well, as i relate it to, say, the sports forum, which was created for the same reasons, i can see this persons point.

this is not a high traffic board. We really don't need a separate home for these kinds of discussions. Just don't open the thread. I'd say I open about 50% of the threads around here. Not too hard.

im not arguing that point, MarcO.

im saying i see why two thought it necessary to say something, and given the way other things are broken up, it makes sense to me. its harmless, and no reason to jump on the guy.

Actually, as much as I don’t care about this (believe it or not) I’d like to address this warped notion of “jumping on the guyâ€.

Let’s review:

a) on a message board filled with plenty of non-musical threads, two of them are political in nature, and the thread titles reflect this quite nicely. On the front page right now, I see threads about hard drives, skiing, the new Steven Spielberg movie, and God knows what about some party house in Ottawa.

B) instead of simply ignoring said threads, it is stated that these kinds of discussions find a new home off the main Cavern page because:

All of this election gobble-dee-gook needs a home so as not to bore those of us looking for music to DEATH!â€.

c) I ask why these threads are such a problem that they cannot just be ignored. In fact, here is precisely my response:

I don't see your point. You're not committed to open every single thread and read through them. I don't……..I'm just amazed this is such a problem for you.

and therein ends my “debate†for the time being.

d) but wait! It appears I have committed slander! Dig on this for a moment:

it is a very logical question, no one gives a rats ass what kind of problems i have with clicking on a thread, just a simple question. for you to jump all over my character and clicking abilities is bunk….. …… for you to not see this makes you ignorant and your attacks at my board prowess moot.

makes sense right? Is there perhaps not a slight amount of hyperbole in this response? And I’m the one “jumping all over†someone???

This thread is nonsense. It was a waste of energy to start, and I admit it was a waste of energy to contribute. But fuck the idea I am attacking someone’s character or jumping all over someone. Gimme a fucking break.

Why the fuck is poker on TSN? How is that a sport? Someone better create a poker channel mighty quick so I dont have to watch the world series of poker on Sportsnet.

Vin Diesel doesnt have the time to switch channels, so he blinks his eyes.

And why is The Young And The Restless on Global right now, and why the wife watching it? Create a damn Soap Opera channel and get that shit out of my face mother-fuggers!

Curiousity killed the cat. If by "curiosity" you mean "Vin Diesel" and by "killed" you mean "killed".

"warped notion of jumping of the guy"

come on, man - we speak the same language - maybe the wrong phrase, but you should also know im not saying you're an evil evil man and should be damned to hell... i'm not even talking about anyone in specific terms...

what im saying is, when i posted, there were 38 replies... yep, some very tongue in cheek, but certainly many referring to the intial post - to me, that is unnecessary given that i dont think there's anything outrageous here about a political forum to talk politics.

sure there may only be a couple threads happening right now, but there have been lots in recent memory, and im sure there'll be more to come. they've always been around on this board since i started coming here.

so the common concensus is that if you dont care, dont click? that's what we're telling the guy, right? so, does it not follow that if you do click, and find that you dont care, you shouldnt post?

ok, why are we talking about this 47 posts down the road?

i just wanna understand the rules before i get told what to do with my mouse.

Guest Low Roller

I don't know what the fuck is going on in this thread, but I know that I once got into an argument with my boss about golf not being a sport. He was pissed at me because I said it was a joke that Mike Weir won Canadian Athlete of the Year.

i argued with my brother last night that poker wasn't a sport.

Neither is golf and they got their own channel. You wont catch me watching that mind-numbing nonsense' date=' but I still stumbled into this thread.[/quote']

sport Audio pronunciation of "sport" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spôrt, sprt)

n.

1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

2. A particular form of this activity.

2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

[color:red]3. An active pastime; recreation.

So poker is a sport. However it is defenitly not an athletic event.