Jambands.ca

Roger's highspeed - BitTorrent

Booche

Nope, ALL bt's

different clients, different ports.......

no joke

I googled the issue and found a bunch of shite about 'toggling' and some people were reporting that Rogers reps confessed what was up (which, I still dont understand how it can be done).

Get ready for it Basher, its coming your way. Been like this for over a month for me. I am currently downloading at 150 kb/s from the Archive, cant get shite from a 50 seed BT gig.

Nope, ALL bt's

different clients, different ports.......

no joke

I googled the issue and found a bunch of shite about 'toggling' and some people were reporting that Rogers reps confessed what was up (which, I still dont understand how it can be done).

Get ready for it Basher, its coming your way. Been like this for over a month for me. I am currently downloading at 150 kb/s from the Archive, cant get shite from a 50 seed BT gig.

Good luck. I'm now rounding 1 year of those same issues with my ISP over BT (speed tests all good - I have a 6MB/512 connection also). Unfortunatley, unlike yourself though, I have no other option for ISP if I want broadband. Bell only offers dial-up where I am. Only place in Hamilton (West escarpment) where this occurs to my knowledge.

Fuuuuuuuuuuug, that is still going on with you?

This sucks, because I was a BT-Whore for dvds and now I am 'seemingly' screwed.

By the way, I still have those 2 dead shows for you mon ami.

05-15-70 and 11-01-79

Get yer ass to Ottawa or lets hope Lynn and I get down your way. I want to infest MarcO's abode with my stenchy stink.

Yeah still going on for me, I sorta gave up on downloading torrents (in comparison to my usual d/l activities), just shows I really really want, mainly Dylan, usually takes about 3-5 days now (somtimes less) for a two disc SHN/FLAC show. I have actually started downloading a show & posted a request for trade or b&p at the same time, which I recieved via snail mail before the torrent finished...LOL

I'm currently downloading the complete season of "Rome" (5.6 GB) (182 seeds-1214 peers on mini-nova) and my speed has topped out at 5KBs so far, only 18 days to go to finish.

Now-a-days, I'm just trying to case (regular jewel cases) all my disc & make covers for em all while I go. Slow process catching up.

We'll figure out those shows man, I have some DVDs (and I have a burner now!) for you also.

here's a couple of VERY scary links that I've come across recently...

Roger's may soon block BT

possible throttling by roger's

This is all shaping up for a 2-tiered internet system. When you purchased EXTREME and NOCAPS bandwidth, they put in the fine print that they can change things all that they want.

So the way things are going, ISP's are going to start CHARGING for non-throttled BitTorrent ports. Do you remember when ISP's started capping? People left to non-capped companies. Eventually the caps were lifted in a more expensive plan.

It looks like they're going to do it again with BitTorrent and other P2P ports.

it's really sad.

You should talk to Bell and have a frank discussion about Bittorrent. SWITCH! It shouldn't take long.

I'm on Videotron and they friggin rock here in Hull. If only you could get Videotron in Ottawa. I hope they don't start doing the same thing.

have you tried running BT without your firewall and router DMZ wide open? It's risky as hell, but it'll let you know if the problem is on your end or not.

I have, numerous times, to no avail. I'm actually running directly to my modem while I d/l via BT right now getting a high end of 7 Kbs with 180+ seeds.

I'm on Rogers and I'm pulling torrents down without much trouble... however, you gotta get around the throttling first.

Rogers is running their VoIP phone service on port 1720. So, they don't filter traffic from that port. Set your bit torrent client to work on that port, and punch a hole in your firewall for that port and you should be good to go.

That was the buzz on dsl reports, and it seems to be working fine for me. I'm getting much better rates now.