DAWING OF THE AGE OF AQUARIUS PARTY w/

birthday.jpg

High Plains Drifter (jazz/funk) w/ special guests

Dammien Alexander ( Philly r'nb funk)

w/ DJ Marcos Panderos and DJ ?uesquecest

GYPSY CO-OP NU FUNK FRIDAYS

817 Queen St. W

www.gypsyco-op.com

Prizes, Special Guests, Insanity! Come celebrate the dawning of the age of aquarius!

High Plains Drifter is a jazz-funk/world beat/reggae ensemble, whose dynamic live performances are captivating audiences across Canada. Like imagery evoked by the mysterious quality of a traveling vagabond, High Plains Drifter is a collective of musicians traveling town to town bringing the energy of celebration to audiences everywhere.

Leaning towards original jazz, funk, house and world music, High Plains Drifter is a groove force that keeps dancehalls packed and bodies in constant motion. High Plains Drifter draws inspiration from artists as diverse as James Brown, Herbie Hancock and St. Germain. The group, known for their unpredictable stage show, has enjoyed collaborations with a number of Atlantic Canadian musicians including singers, horn players, percussionists and turn-tablists.

DAMMIEN ALEXANDER

www.dammienalexander.com

Taking the best of funk, folk, rap and r 'n b, Dammien mixes and matches sounds to create his own textures and emotions. It's Dammien's birthday too!

see you there!

reduced guestlist: jay.cleary@gmail.com

Edited by Guest
Wheeler couldn't make it

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY JAY-- WISHING WE COULD MAKE IT!!

well, jay, you sure did it up right for mine, back in aug, for stephen franke, from the little i can remember of it.

oh, man, that was some slippery night!! I'd almost forgotten ABOUT IT MYSELF...you and the pineapple. Seeing you weaving your way back to LM's at about 5:30 am was awesome, just awesome!

my birthday is actually also on Feb 9th! You are welcome to crash at my house after, anyone else who is wiling to come from out of town for my birthday is welcome to crash at my house, I have a couple futons and couches that are open!

Thanks again Bokonon for helping at the Excellent Birthday adventure show, I very much appreciated your kindness.

• 2 weeks later...