Jambands.ca

just got my teeth cleaned

thatpatguy

so.. it's been over 10 years since I've been to a dentist. I just got the bottom half of my mouth cleaned (I go back next week to get the top half done).

As unpleasant as the whole thing was, all I could think to myself was about Douglas' comment made a few weeks back about how she loves to go to the dentist and get her teeth cleaned. Douglas, you are one strange woman :)

i had near perfect dental health until i thought i should go to the dentist and get my teeth cleaned. i had very light cavities that i got filled. after that my teeth started to deteriorate, my gums receded a bit too much, and although i did have a couple of small (very small) cavities that i needed to get fixed eventually, i think going to a dentist did more harm than good.

my dentist deals with "problem patients."

many of my frinds around here go to him...one in particular is freaked enough that he is given a prescription for a single valium the morning of his visit, followed by steady nitrous through his appointment.

sadly i found this out after my first visit :(

Malignant Hyperthermia (MH) is a lifethreatening, acute pharmacogenetic disorder, developping during or after a general anaesthesia. Both a genetic predisposition, and one or more triggering agents are necessary to evoke MH. Triggering agents include all volatile anaesthetics (Chloroform, Ether, Halothane, Enflurane, Isoflurane, Sevoflurane, Deflurane) and depolarizing muscle relaxants (Suxamethonium). The classical MH crisis shows a hypermetabolic state, caused primarly by the muscles of the sceletal system. Besides this classical form of MH exist abortive forms with unspecific signs like tachycardia, arrhythmia and a raise in temperature. Modern monitoring, better knowledge of MH by the anaesthetists and the therapy using dantrolene reduces the incidence of the classic MH crisis. Nevertheless, MH is a dangerous disease, and anyone who is involved with anaesthesia and anaesthetics should have up to date knowledge about diagnosis and therapy of MH

try going to the dentist when you have this to worry about...I've reacted 3 times, there wont be a 4th. They wont even give me a tylonol incase something goes wrong.

Local Anaesthetics For Comfortable Dentistry

Edited by Guest