Jambands.ca

Fri.Feb3:What the Thunder Said & The Chameleon Project @the Gypsy Co-Op

The Chameleon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ISTR Alan Spragget (sp?), who used to appear on CFNY back in the '80s as part of the Pete & Geets morning show, referring to Brantford as "The Crossroads of the Cosmos". Mind you, he was also a "woo-woo" astrology nut, so I was never sure how accurate his description of the town was.

anybody passing through browntown on your way home? feel free to pm me if you want someone to chip in for gas!

See' date=' I read this as though The Republic of Bokonon was dishing out free gas incentives. And I was all ready to cash in.[/quote']

well, the only way to find out if your thinking is correct is to come to brantford and pick me up. maybe the gas incentives come when you return to brantford after the show........who knows? it's worth a try at least once!

This was a great feeling to have a room in Toronto rockin the way it was.

Many people singing, dancing, clappin and yellin along.

Great DJ (DJ Syrum), spun a bunch of funk and crazy break beaty stuff, and then late a Johnny Cash tune appeared.

This was my first time seeing Chameleon doing their thing. I enjoyed their set quite a bit. Pretty sensitive use of their intruments and skill. Fusing jazz and electronic in a way that doesn't grate on ya aint an easy thing to do, but they have it down quite nicely. No overplaying just laying down the grooves and keeping you into it with good melody.

Go out and give 'em a chance when they're near your town please.

It meant a lot to make a dent in Toronto this weekend, and with a great staff and a real nice venue we'll be sure to get some returners for the next time.

I liked playing upstairs @ the Gypsy this time; real intimate, and an enthusiastic staff. The coat check girl even made us a sign to advertise our merch :)

It was hot one once everyone got movin!

Thanks for the opportunity Jay and Will, and Josh. You're all really doing a great job of keeping an open vibe in the big city.

Deeps

Set went like this

Jam - in the Chameleon Spirit

Ring

3 Blocks

Tennesee Miles

Monsoon

Tidal

Here Kitty

Mullen

El Camino (horns)

Bounce (horns)

Algo (horns)

Cissy Strut (horns)

Tops (horns)

Encore:

E-Kick

Moby Dick

All songs by WTTS except Moby Dick->(Led Zeppelin) and Cissy Strut->(Meters)