Jambands.ca

Jomomma brings their high-energy funk to the Starlight this Saturday!

eDDie mAx

Hey Jomomma!

I haven't seen you since the Labour Day Come Together Festival, but you were cookin' on the Sunday night ... there was even steam coming off of your bodies as you played!

Good luck with the recording project.

I'm hoping that maybe you do end up playing a show or two outside at a festival this summer, as my son Nyell loves dancin' and groovin' to Jomomma, and it would be great if I could bring him out to see and hear you at an outdoor festival.

Peace, Mark

Hey Jomomma!

I haven't seen you since the Labour Day Come Together Festival, but you were cookin' on the Sunday night ... there was even steam coming off of your bodies as you played!

Truth.

Have a good one guys, wish we could have joined you all, but with no keyboard player it wouldn't have been right.

It's too bad people like you exist in this world. Didn't Your Mother ever tell you if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all? A smart person knows when to talk and when not to. Obviously, you don't fall under that category. I'm so glad I'm not you. But you're young, and there maybe hope for you yet.

your band sucks

With all due respect,

Reagardless of the fact that you don't like what their putting out, these guys are still just playing tunes.

Maybe it's personal I don't know, but it's irritating and does nothing but drag down some people who are just trying to rock!

Deeps

actually, ill vouch for djed, now i know a vouch coming form me doesnt say alot, but he is one solid guy. believe it or not. he is a great musician himself, im sure the "yer band sucks" was in jest, he does seem to be a sarcastic son of a bitch, but who on this board isnt every now and then?

he is a super innovative guy when it comes to music, done some simple little things on record thats blown me away.

if you dont like what he, on anyone for that matter, has to say, dont listen!!

cheers

hope the show goes good for you guys, been too long since i heard a sweet jomomma jam

yes what i said was purely to get a rise out of people, no i don't like jomomma in the least. nothing is for everyone. i don't see any advantage in only giving positive feedback.

as a musician i'm far more interested in hearing about why i suck then why i'm good, it helps people grow and develope their ideas. something 99% of "jimbands" need.

whats this "brethren" shit? i judge people based on who they are, not what things they have in common with me. i found " ...their high-energy funk" funny because it makes it sound like they've done something new, hence "their"

personally i couldn't bring myself to write anything like that regarding my own music, i find it a bit pompous. maybe whats his face was joking, maybe not.

for what its worth the bassist and drummer in said band aren't terrible.

i'm well aware that i piss a lot of you off with my attitude towards most things and thats fine, theres an extremely high possibilty i wouldn't waste my spit to insult most of you. sorry to say it but, i don't care what a bunch of drug addicts pretending to be all about music think. i'm solely interested in music, thats why i go to shows, thats why i think dancy boring unoriginal jambands are terrible, because i'm actually listening.

i'm going to go take my stupid hamster nuts into my music room and continue writing material and working on forming something original. the guys in jomomma might consider trying to find a sound outside of bad funk cliches.

i totally support all people out there makiong music, but if you're going to put yourself out there, ypou should be prepared for negative feedback. for every one person who like your band there are thousands who don't.

anyway... keep on making the music that makes you happy and i'll do the same.

"sorry to say it but, i don't care what a bunch of drug addicts pretending to be all about music think. i'm solely interested in music, thats why i go to shows, thats why i think dancy boring unoriginal jambands are terrible, because i'm actually listening."

awesome!

are you sure you didn't mean [color:purple] awesome?

fwiw, some of the best music i've heard has been by "dancy boring unoriginal jambands," most of whom are in fact neither boring nor unoriginal.

ultimately everyone is entitled to their own opinion. DJEd, if you have truly given bands like jomomma a shot and find them not to your taste, that's totally cool. as my grandfater told me, "if everyone liked the same thing they'd all be chasing your grandmother." however, as a fellow musician, to trample what they are trying to achieve is a little harsh.

just my $0.02.

while i can't make it to jomomma tonight, many of the folks in this scene have raved about them, and i look forward to seeing them one day and making up my own mind...