goodbye

dJEd

i don't like any of your music

i don't like most of you

i don't think i'll be missed

i don't see any point in being on here if i do nothing more than bring you down

i don't think i belong here

i'm much too negative to be surrounded by people with rose coloured glasses on

thanks to those who i've made connections with and my apologies to the rest of you.

i came here hoping i had found a circle of people who were geniunely all about the music. i was let down.

it would seem as though once again, my personality has earned me hatred. nothing new here.

tooly, mel, lazlo, baj, alexis, del. thanks you all very much for putting up with me, i'm sure its a challenge.

bye.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't hate you, it's more that we disagree with some of what you've said, and the way you've said some of it. And as for being "genuinely all about the music", well, no community is genuinely all about any one thing. But when music is discussed here, the people on the site have enough of the knowledge and experience of seeing and making music to back up their opinions, which I find genuinely rewarding.

Aloha,

Brad

Jesus it's funnny how the pussyometer flies into the red as soon as someone, who is so strong they don't need anybody's agreement is challenged.

Take your fucking lumps for god's sake....I quit? I won't be missed? weh weh weh.

Sorry dude, this is brutal.

I'd like to see a picture of this pussyometer you speak of :wink:

I'm not here for the music just the entertainment.

From the Jomomma thread:

"i totally support all people out there makiong music, but if you're going to put yourself out there, ypou should be prepared for negative feedback. for every one person who like your band there are thousands who don't." DJED

The same, it would seem, goes for opinions.

Everyone on this board at one period or another has drawn fire or given it. DJED was/is a heavy hitter, but as some of our past champions know, hit smarter, not harder or eventually the fire's is going to get heavy.

i don't like any of your music

i don't like most of you

i don't think i'll be missed

i don't see any point in being on here if i do nothing more than bring you down

i don't think i belong here

i'm much too negative to be surrounded by people with rose coloured glasses on.

Sounds like someone's having a bad case of the Mondays...

Well I haven't read the whole offending thread, but did find at the beginning djEd starting off by calling someone a "wanker" and then going on to tell that person their music sucks. Gee, did you expect a "thank you" for that?

Good riddance. I think you're correct and agree with you. You likely won't be missed.

(Be prepared to swallow your pride, though, if you choose to return.)

BTW: I anticipate a reply from djEd to this post, but if you're really gone, I guess there won't be one.

lol

FerCriseSakes, are we at that bloody phase of the moon again where previously rational skanks up and publicly quit the board in a hissy fit?

if you don't like us dJEd, if we don't provide what you were looking for, then indeed there's no point to hanging around. I hope you do find your "community" though...we certainly all need one!

As has already been said...dissenting but useful & constructive points of view are always considered valid and most welcome on here.... whereas useless and mean-spirited posts are clearly going to draw a defensive response. You said this stuff...so now deal with the fallout. That means, if you can't or no longer want to defend it, then have the maturity and humuilty to apologize for or attemtp to rationalize it.

it would seem as though once again, my personality has earned me hatred. nothing new here

The most miraculous thing about human beings is our ability to learn. we can all learn and grow from our mistakes, once we're ready to. A personality can change and morph -- you're in control of that! If this is a pattern for you, and you're not happy "earning hatred", it's time to re-evaluate, dude.

Wow I broke my cherry! I was part of an argumentive thread that somebody quit the board over!! [color:purple]I'm so proud!!!

Seriously, I bet dJEd and I would get along fine in person. I just stuck up for some friends; could you blame me?

(P.S. I'm a bit ashamed of originally posting "shut the fuck up" but I thought it would be a worse thing to edit it now. There are better ways of saying things, and I apologize for using that way. Which Kurt Vonnegut book was it where he said swearing at someone just gives them an excuse not to take you seriously?)

i'm much too negative to be surrounded by people with rose coloured glasses on.

Ok, I read the thread in question. Damn.

djEd, if I remember correctly, you started your posting career with a thread about Minus The Bear. I thought that was pretty fuckin' cool.

But *no way* I'm lettin' anyone near my rose coloured glasses.

PS. Are you sure you haven't just been spending too much time with Del?

punk...you just did what I'm hoping dJEd has the courage to do.....rationalize/explain why something went down the way it did and then apologize for it. Good on ya, dude!!! not that an apology is really necessary as your response made sense from the beginning.

I don't know that Vonnegut reference, but I also frequently think of Malcolm X, who decided to clean up his language while in prison because anotehr inmate helped him understand that when you're using an expletive/swear word, it's really just a 'place-holder' and doesn;t contribute any MEANING to your statements (emotion, yes, but not meaning.) So Malcolm X, figuring he was from that point on going to say EXACTLY what he meant, set about improving his vocabularly, which involved copying out a dictionary from A to Z!!!