Jambands.ca

conservative minority

bouche

The Liberals will have hopefully exciting new leadership

I think this will be key to the future of the country. I feel we really need somebody to come in that is fresh and passionate about being a true leader to this great country.

Perhaps, the liberals can take a page of of the republician's playbook and convince Justin Trudeau to be the new Liberal leader.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only one guy I really want to see as head of the Federal Liberal Party: Hux.

Think about it: he's young, he's passionate about doing what's best for the country, he's well-versed in policy (on both sides of the house) and its implications, and, unlike some of the other leaders, people would actually enjoy him singing and playing guitar (and not only guitar, but bass guitar).

Whether that balcony leather vest picture will be a help or a hindrance is to be decided, however...

Aloha,

Brad

ignatieff perhaps?

it'll be tough for him to shake those totally-taken-out-of-context 'slurs' that some idiot attributed to him, but time will tell i suppose

I saw him being interviewed on TV last night. He kind of creeps me out. He appears to have come from out of nowhere to being talked about as the next leader of the Liberals. Anyone know the skinny on this guy?

My brain hurts from all the mental gymnastics and newspapers I've been reading. It seems the only surprises were the Conservative gain in Ontario and especially Quebec, the NDP gain (from something like 16 seats at the dissolution of parliament to I think it's 29 as of TV reports - Globe says 30- still short of the 43 which was their last best showing in 88). Big day for the Chow/ Layton and Teskey/ Harper households. I sort of like the shake up although only in hindsight, last night I was really fretting.

Going forward I can't see anyone other than McKenna getting the nod for the leadership, Manley is a weasel of the nth variety and Belinda lacks experience and depth at least for now (though maybe someday). I don't know what people have against Ignatieff though he definitely represents the next Trudeau to a certain contingent of the party, potential slurs aside which I think is bogus, having been an expat for 29 years works against him though.

Agreed that most of the 'slurs' that have been the rallying cry of Ignatieff haters are out of context and unfair.

But there are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike him - intellectual dishonesty among them. His passion for rights and multiculturalism is something of a cloud in which his imperialist passions travel. He is loathed by many in the world with whom we'd do better to build bridges than burn them.

I echo Dr. Evil Mouse's "tthpppbbbbthbb" towards Manley. :)

At least the Liberals have that chance to rebuild and re-orient themselves which is much needed now.

I think the Liberals need someone famous like a Hockey Player or something. Prop him up and tell him what to say...it works in the states with celebrities (Ronald Reagan, Ahnold, Jesse Ventura).

Prime Minister Gretzky anyone?

Oh wait a minute, never mind, I'm the guy with Roger Water's balls as my avatar.

Edited by Guest

exactly what i was thinking as i watched the results come in last night. rural canada elected the conservatives.

ooh just checked out the cbc main page too and saw the headline about harper focusing on accountability. i think he may have a shot at making real change here.. i'm sure he could probably swing a few NDP votes as they seem to share a lot of the same ideas.

definitely a good choice as his first attempt at change.

definitely a good choice as his first attempt at change.

Totally. The Conservatives and the NDP have a lot of common ground here and can get some work done. And I like that the Conservative's proposal doesn't include the ban on floor crossing that the NDP's proposal did. I was never comfortable with that.