Jambands.ca

Invasion

Gateaux

it's like crack..

actually it's kinda like the X-Files but not nearly as frusterating because they move the plot along

True.

The show that's the most like The X-Files is Supernatural, which I also like.

However, the remake of Battlestar Galactica is in a class by itself. Fucking brilliant show that surprisingly appeals to non-genre geeks too.

However' date=' the remake of Battlestar Galactica is in a class by itself. Fucking brilliant show that surprisingly appeals to non-genre geeks too.[/quote']

I'm intrigued...

Rent Season One which includes the mini series. Don't start watching Season II. It's a story arch show. If it means anything to my claim, Newsweek called BSG the best show on TV and Time said it's one of the best too.

Of the new hit shows, it's better than Lost and Invasion IMO, but I love those programs too. Same with Prison Break. Now, Deadwood and Rome is something entirely different...

I'm going to visit BB this weekend and try for a rental of BSG.

Make sure it's the latest Season I DVD set - the one that includes the mini-series. The mini is the weakest part of the set, but it's a good introduction.

If you can't rent it like that, then rent the mini. You should watch it first.

Here's some DVD specs and testimonials: http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000AJJNFE/ref=br_dh_ts_5/701-2059124-9485962

While we're jabbering about TV series, I thought I would add that I think Lost is going steadily downhill. Waaay too many loose ends. They just keep adding loose ends and never tie anything up. I hope Charlie gets exonerated sometime soon- its Merry, fer crissakes! Hobbits don't kidnap babies! ;)

I'm gonna keep my eyes open for BSG, thanks for the tip Jaimoe.