Jambands.ca

what.

rubberdinghy

I was at the game last night. The Habs fans behind us were hilarious. For much of the 3rd period, the Habs had a total of 9 shots on goal, and these fans were yelling out "shoot" anytime a Canadien player had the puck - even if it was behind their own net! When they finally mustered their 10th shot on goal, these fans stood and applauded. They were having fun in spite of their team's flat performance.

This leads me to a comment about habs fans vs. leafs fans when their respective teams visit Ottawa - habs fans are a polite, fun-loving bunch, leafs fans are frickin' arrogant.

that seems like a big generalization. Ive met habs and sens fans who are arrogant and some who are not. Ive also met leafs fans who are arrogant and some who are not.

Well Jakis, I think your post was a bit of a big generalization as well. I think this would be yet again closer to the truth:

I've met habs and sens fans who are arrogant and more who are not. I've also met Leafs fans who are arrogant and less who are not.

(just kidding buddy, thats a light hearted ribbing compared to some of the shit around here!)

No golf yet, still hockey. For a team that has not done a thing in the playoffs, I wouldn't think you would be so confident until you finally beat somebody.

Fair point.

Wonder if you recognise these numbers at all...

34-10-4 72

24-22-3 51

I wouldn't call what the leafs are doing right now 'hockey' though.

:)

AD

that seems like a big generalization. Ive met habs and sens fans who are arrogant and some who are not. Ive also met leafs fans who are arrogant and some who are not.

Fair enough - it was a generalization. 99.999% of all the Leafs fans I've met in my life are very fine people. But get a large gathering of Leafs fans cheering on their team in another city - it's collective arrogance!

But, us Senators fans are in no position to gloat until the team actually beats the Leafs in the playoffs. But this will be the year - you know what they say "The 5th time is the charm!". That is if the Leafs make the playoffs this year - which I think they will.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say all Canadian teams will be in the playoffs this year.

I can't disagree with those numbers. Your team is playing great. But it is pretty easy to dump all over the Leafs right now when they are playing terrible and have a lot of injuries. Especially fans of Ottawa, but your team has been a treat to play in the playoffs over the last few years. My point was that if this was my team, I think I would step back a bit this year, seeing as you have done this a few times, am I right? Is this year different, maybe, maybe not???

No golf yet, still hockey. For a team that has not done a thing in the playoffs, I wouldn't think you would be so confident until you finally beat somebody.

One goal away from the Cup finals... 3 minutes left game seven losing to the eventual cup champs... wouldn't call that nothing... especially since the only things the Leaves could cheer for since '67 was hoping Gretzy would break a leg in '94.

Edited by Guest
The word: Finals; was inserted

haha..its been a rough week...i kinda wish i was a sens fan and not a leafs fan. Anyone have an spezza jersey for sale!

Come join the rebellion... but don't hurt your ankle too much jumping on the bandwagon, still there's lots of room, and besides, it feels really good to be a Sens fan... no foolin'.

ceremonialrebels.jpg

That's Peter Scheafer back Middle... Alfredsson on the Left, and Zedno is in the front on the right... the tall guy.

That's some smoothe shredding...............

It's tastily tempting. You Ottawa folk are so much cooler than Leafing.

Aside from that. Youse have such a wicked team. Fuck, if Hasek can stay on top of things this season is over. They filled 3 holes.

1 - Martinism

2 - Grit

3 - Goaltending

AND, you have put together one of the best lines I have seen in years with Spezza-Alfie-Heatley.

Good work 'organization'

You fans should all bow to Eugene.

Edited by Guest

That's some smoothe shredding...............

It's tastily tempting. You Ottawa folk are so much cooler than Leafing.

Aside from that. Youse have such a wicked team. Fuck, if Hasek can stay on top of things this season is over. They filled 3 holes.

1 - Martinism

2 - Grit

3 - Goaltending

AND, you have put together one of the best lines I have seen in years with Spezza-Alfie-Heatley.

Good work 'organization'

You fans should all bow to Eugene.

Were you drunk when you wrote this? Either way thanks...

Just so you know, I'm in Toronto now. It's tough being here, but fun at the same time.

I became an Ottawa fan in 97 when I moved there for school... it's been a great ride being a Sens fan, good team, good principles, good community.

Edited by Guest