Jambands.ca

CTMF

kookycanooky

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since I don't consider myself to be a hippie does that mean I'm a hippie handler? hehehe Large Marge we need to add a button to the collection.

Oh and to respond to the original post 16 weeks....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUCKINGHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

one - that's what comes after yeehaw not a measly little yahoo.

Hippie Handler? That sounds dirty.

So since I don't consider myself to be a hippie does that mean I'm a hippie handler? hehehe Large Marge we need to add a button to the collection.

Oh and to respond to the original post 16 weeks....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUCKINGHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

one - that's what comes after yeehaw not a measly little yahoo.

Hippie Handler? That sounds dirty.

I agree. Friggin' hippies...why don't they ever wash?

quote from LM, LS, et al: "what's a wookie smell like?"

response: "manhood & patchouli"

Anyone know if theres a family spot there? Not that I dont trust my kid around a bunch of hippies, its that I dont trust a bunch of hippies around my kid. No seriously, I just dont want him to wake up at four in the morning to someone on a solo hand drum mission from pluto. Any suggestions?

Some people do bring their kids, though with some notable exceptions I've never seen them to be crashing where all the adult silliness abounds. I think it all depends on a bunch of factors, age not the least of them. I do think that as far as pedal-to-the-metal party scenes go, this one is about as benign as they get, in terms of good people looking out for one another, though you can never be 100% sure what it will look like (esp. if it keeps growing as it seems to have been doing, which ratchets up the chance of doofusey or sketchy behaviour). That said Izzy's is a huge place, and Izzy himself is a great guy who I expect would do what he could to put your mind at ease.

For my/our own part, those weekends are seized as opportunities to abandon all (parental) responsibility whatsoever. We took our kids to the Lose Yer Shoes last year though, which as a festival is cut from much the same cloth, and that one was way more kid-friendly. I am hoping it runs again this year; last year's was a bit underattended (pity, as the kids were able to take in some of the best music played all summer).

Hope to see you at either festival, one way or another.

Oh, Ive been there before tons of times, and its people like myself that Im afraid of. Its a great idea to ask Izzy though, didnt even think of it, as he could probably find us a nice nook off somewhere, far away from the crazies.

Figure we'll bring him for just 1 night/1 day, then leave him with his grand parents for the rest of the weekend so mommy and daddy can show Del how to have fun.

Figure we'll bring him for just 1 night/1 day, then leave him with his grand parents for the rest of the weekend so mommy and daddy can show Del how to have fun.

If there's anyone that can hold a candle to Del on May 24 weekend at Izzy's it's gotta be Hal Johnson and Joanne Macleod. I mean shit, I gave it a go and I'm no slouch. I'd be more than happy to see Del doing jumping jacks with Joanne and Hal. Shall we say Sunday Morning around 5:30am?

Not that I dont trust my kid around a bunch of hippies, its that I dont trust a bunch of hippies around my kid. No seriously, I just dont want him to wake up at four in the morning to someone on a solo hand drum mission from pluto. quote]

that is the funniest shit ive heard all day, I am seriously laghing my head off right now, hope i dont waske up the women.

I have a kid awell, i think thats why i found it so humorous.

Don't cry Sarahbelle, there'll be plenty of more to make up for it! You will be missed.

here is my annual request for some bluegrass representation:

Whoever books the bands to play at CTMF, can we maybe get a bluegrass bnad or two to play. Maybe a bit of a bluegrass afternoon on the Sunday. There are a ton of excellent bluegrass bands in Ontario that would really get a kick out of playing to a crowd that isn't 60+ years of age!

Thanks!

here is my annual request for some bluegrass representation:

Whoever books the bands to play at CTMF, can we maybe get a bluegrass bnad or two to play. Maybe a bit of a bluegrass afternoon on the Sunday. There are a ton of excellent bluegrass bands in Ontario that would really get a kick out of playing to a crowd that isn't 60+ years of age!

Thanks!

YES YES YES!! One BG band every day would be super hot. But even just one BG band to start would be the TIGER BALM!!