Jambands.ca

New Donald Fagen single - H Gang

ollie

What's not to get. I you like Steely Dan you should love this. It's classic Fagen and sounds like it could be Steely Dan. In fact most of the players are the same as thier touring outfit. The only thing is that it is pretty predictable, but that's OK by given the high standard of Dan/Fagen recordings. I'm hyped for the show.

I got my tix.

Have the Dan split or is this just a side project? Is Walter involved at all? (He was all over Kamikiriad, as I believe Donald was with 11 Tracks Of Whack)

This is just a side project, on www.billboard.com a few days before the Donald Fagen Massey Hall show went on sale it was said that Steely Dan might possibly tour in the late summer of this years.

Tim

What's not to get. I you like Steely Dan you should love this. It's classic Fagen and sounds like it could be Steely Dan. In fact most of the players are the same as thier touring outfit. The only thing is that it is pretty predictable, but that's OK by given the high standard of Dan/Fagen recordings. I'm hyped for the show.

Well, yeah, that was my point. Why write another Jack of Speed? Sure it meets the high technical standards, but it's also dry as hell.

I wish Becker and Fagen would mix things up a little more in the studio, even if it just meant using a wider variety of players. The Dan has become a little too isolationalist in this regard... even for a pair of isolationists. ;)