Jambands.ca

Unidentified Psycho in Toronto - Recognize him?

StoneMtn

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line, avoid personal confrontation. I think the girl on her bike should have maybe, if she was so angry about food on the street, threw a rock at his tail light (expensive to get fixed) and then turned around and started biking the other way! he'd never be able to catch her.

Can I put on the "should have" hat. ;)

I know it's totally patronizing to tell someone what they should do, especially after the fact, but I think the best course of action would have been to pick up the garbage and put it in the closest waste receptacle, thus setting an example of good behaviour for the other people at the scene.

Chances are you not gonna insta-convert the kind of person who would litter like that in the first place but you might encourage others around you to think about their own bad littering habits.

Blah.

I think the best course of action would have been to pick up the garbage and put it in the closest waste receptacle, thus setting an example of good behaviour for the other people at the scene.

How very Gandhian of you!

The power of embarassment is terrifically underrated in inciting change.

Of course, this guy sounds like somebody with a pretty fragile ego if he can get that whipped up into a froth in public; maybe the same result would have ensued, like all those Satyagrahis found when all those clubs came down on all their heads.

bears buddy just lent me 'The heart of Conflict' by Dr. Elinor D.U. Powell

haven't read it yet but definately interested.

Spent the better half of last night talking about humanity and all our funny emotions...aggression being top of the list....anyways not much point to my saying this other than this book looks interesting. :P

haha...LETS RUMBLE! ;)

Deranger... just for the record, I would love the opportunity to throw the litter that someone throws from their car, and i can throw it back in... how does it affect her??? are you serious??

have some respect for the planet!!!

and you suggested that she deserved what she got??

he fucking assaulted her!!!

man, I actually wish I could have been there....

I would have thrown it back in his car too...

and if someone has a problem with that--well, if you want to dance, all you have to do is hit play. :)

Edited by Guest

And she assaulted him first -- throwing something at someone, whether it's a rock or a big mac, is an act of violence. Neither party is absolved from guilt in this situation.

This whole story has little to do with littering and more to do with the reactions of the two people.

Deranger... just for the record, I would love the opportunity to throw the litter that someone throws from their car, and i can throw it back in... how does it affect her??? are you serious??

have some respect for the planet!!!

and you suggested that she deserved what she got??

man, I actually wish I could have been there....

and if someone has a problem with that--well, if you want to dance, all you have to do is hit play. :)

Number Two...thanks for this...you've summed up what I feel.

The courier was choosing to 'educate' someone (and on-lookers), to respect the planet through direct action....it reminds me of a saying we have posted in the staff room in an attempt to create a safe and respectful environment:

"BEHAVIOUR YOU IGNORE, IS BEHAVIOUR YOU CONDONE."

I applaud her for acting on her convictions. In a tit-for-tat analysis....is throwing 2 hot coffees on her and attempting to pummel her a JUST response to having his litter thrown back at him?????

That guy is a seriously disturbed individual to experience and act on such RAGE.....the only good I can see coming out of this is that his justifiably wigged-out girlfriend (the gal in the white vest) leaves him before his rage and propensity for violence escalates to include her, if it hasn't already.

The courier was choosing to 'educate' someone (and on-lookers), to respect the planet through direct action

That's why I think the best solution would have been to take the higher ground and simply throw out the trash. Lead by positive example. It appears that some of the people in this thread, and the other one, are giving the courier a pass on her negative behaviour just because you share a passion for the environment.

i'm with bb, balls sometimes will get you killed, and with ollie, lead by positive example, and with ghandi, non-violence is the best solution to all.

over christmas my bro and i were driving down the 401 and some jackass was following us right on our tail, and i mean "riding" us to the point of almost bumping us. john wanted to pull over and say "what the fuck" and i was SHOCKED that he wanted to. all i kept thinking was of the horror stories of 401 abductions, rapists, psychos, etc. so instead we slowed down to the speed limit and went on our merry way like normal folks and the crazy guy got off at the next exit.

so moral of the story, if you want to put your neck out there, expect the reaction. don't be stupid.

i'm with bb, balls sometimes will get you killed, and with ollie, lead by positive example, and with ghandi, non-violence is the best solution to all.

over christmas my bro and i were driving down the 401 and some jackass was following us right on our tail, and i mean "riding" us to the point of almost bumping us. john wanted to pull over and say "what the fuck" and i was SHOCKED that he wanted to. all i kept thinking was of the horror stories of 401 abductions, rapists, psychos, etc. so instead we slowed down to the speed limit and went on our merry way like normal folks and the crazy guy got off at the next exit.

so moral of the story, if you want to put your neck out there, expect the reaction. don't be stupid.

yes, if you put your neck out there, expect a re-action. No, physically assaulting a woman because she put the garbage you put on the street back where it belongs is not right.

Something that I find very interesting in this thread and I think needs to be clarified is the assumption that this girl picked up the garbage and trough it back in his vehicle... Where does it say that she through it at him? And how did this get transformed into assault? Throwing garbage back in someone's car is looking for trouble---indeed.. Throwing hot coffee at someone is called assault.... scratching someone's vehicle is called vandalism... physically assaulting a woman is fucking horrible and it is never a suitable response for these actions.

ahhh, come on, grow some balls, hippies! ;)

i'm sure at least once in our lives we've all said in jest "man, if someone did *whatever* i'd do *whatever*!" - this person just followed through on it... and then the moral high ground police come to cut her down.

she threw a burger back in his car that he threw out onto the street. think about that and the escalation of all this, and then imagine one word: silly.

but Dup...

what is the difference between littering on the street and littering in someone's vehicle?

???

edit: just saw your post - got it.

Edited by Guest

guigsy.. you're sooo right.

i'm just sayin' that we shouldn't all feel sorry for this chick.. she did throw shit in the guys car, she did key his car..

She didn't "key" the guys car, she didn't have time to, the guy threw the coffee's and it escalated into a shoving match whereby her bike key (which is attached to her wrist at all times) scracthed the guys car, purely accidental (look at the first pic in the links, where the guys is stomping her bike and she is falling against his car) I have heard her first-hand account of the story thanks.

Edited by Guest

That's part of the problem, and even the newspapers are picking up on it, this story blew up so big and so quickly on the internet that nobody knows or even really cares what actually happened, everyone is just taking it as their opportunity to step up on to the soap-box and put their 2 cents in as to why cyclists are bad or drivers are bad, etc...