Jambands.ca

Daily Show's Rob Corddry get's a TV pilot

Jaimoe

With Samantha Bee on maternity-leave (not offical), this news could leave The Daily Show with another large pair of shoes to fill.

From IGN: Filmforce

Daily Show Correspondent Rob Corddry Gets a Pilot

The Daily Show correspondent Rob Corddry has landed the lead in a new FOX pilot entitled Becoming Glen. The Hollywood Reporter writes that the sitcom revolves around Glen, a successful 40-something man, who's looking back on his life in 1994, "when he was a 32-year-old slacker (Corddry) living with his parents and spending all his time lying on the couch watching TV."

Variety reports that Ricky Blitt and Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy) are executive producing the pilot, which was a reworking of a 2002 project by Blitt (and then starred Johnny Galecki in the lead role).

Edited by Guest

Samantha Bee will be back and Ed Helms is still there. Dan Bakkedahl has been doing some funny stuff lately and the up and coming correspondents (Nate Corddry, Jason Jones, Demetri Marin, etc.) have been stepping it up lately as well. I think the show will be fine.

Samantha Bee will be back and Ed Helms is still there. Dan Bakkedahl has been doing some funny stuff lately and the up and coming correspondents (Nate Corddry, Jason Jones, Demetri Marin, etc.) have been stepping it up lately as well. I think the show will be fine.

Bakkedahl is hilarious.

Nate has his own TV pilot pending.

I think Dan Bakkedahl is originally from Hamilton, if I'm not mistaken.

I haven't had cable for 6 months, is Bob Wiltfong still making Daily Show appearances? He was hilarious.

I don't know about Dan Bakkedahl, but Samantha Bee is from Canada.

Remember the recent segment where Jon Stewart made fun of the CRTC rules and regulations about satirical news of the leaders debate for the federal Election. Where Samantha Bee said "Jon, You have just pissed off the CBC, may God have mercy on your soul." and then when John asked what the CBC would do to him she replied "Well first they will mail you a stern letter." and then it showed her from her home breast feeding her baby. Classic Daily Show.

'The Daily Show with Jon Stewart' and 'the Colbert Report' is easily my favourite hour of tv now.

Tim

BTW last nights episode of 'the Daily Show' is about to be on again at 2PM on the Comedy Network.

The opening segment has a classic spot with former President Jimmy Carter burning Bush 43 while they are both sharing the stage at Coretta Scott King's funeral on Tuesday.

It is legendary. God bless Carter.

Tim

I don't know about Dan Bakkedahl, but Samantha Bee is from Canada.

Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else then. The story I heard was that one of the new correspondants is Samantha Bee's husband, and it was somebody who joined since September. I don't know if the person in question is now a regular correspondant or if they have only done one or two reports.

I don't know about Dan Bakkedahl' date=' but Samantha Bee is from Canada.[/quote']

Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else then. The story I heard was that one of the new correspondants is Samantha Bee's husband, and it was somebody who joined since September. I don't know if the person in question is now a regular correspondant or if they have only done one or two reports.

This should settle things: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428319/

I haven't had cable for 6 months, is Bob Wiltfong still making Daily Show appearances? He was hilarious.

I've been watching the show pretty religously, and have not seen Bob Wiltfong in quite some time.

You should check out this new magic internet thing called "BitTorrent". Even without cable you can sitll watch the daily show every day! Man i love the internet.

'The Daily Show with Jon Stewart' and 'the Colbert Report' is easily my favourite hour of tv now.

I liked Colbert on The Daily Show, but Colbert Report just wasn't doing it for me. But last night I tuned in, and it was really fucking funny. I hadn't been checking it out lately ... has it gotten better?

I liked Colbert on The Daily Show, but Colbert Report just wasn't doing it for me. But last night I tuned in, and it was really fucking funny. I hadn't been checking it out lately ... has it gotten better?

I've always found it funny, but it's really hitting it's stride nowadays. I love it when Colbert does field-piece interviews with different state polititians - not to be mistaken for his live interviews with in-studio guests - which are funny too.

Both shows are at their best when the news is at it's most interesting and outrageous.