Jambands.ca

Umphrey's opening for DMB

gentlemonkey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(bigger yawn)

wake me up when people start talking about bands that don't bore the crap out of me!

sorry MarcO, I've tried so many times but the shows just aren't ever that enjoyable.

What about the plethora of stunningly gorgeous women at DMB shows New Rider? After I saw him the second time I made the decision that it was in my best interests to attend DMB shows periodically throughout my life as there is always a new batch kicking around. I don't mind the band either. After hearing them too frequently I did take a well deserved break.

DMB bashing is so 2002.

ok then, just so I know: when someone announces tour dates for a band, it is considered ok - one's "perogative" - to enter the thread and put down the band and announce that they won't be attending a show?

because if that's how things are gonna be around here I am going to have me some fun this year!

I think that this is a poor move for Umphrey's...why do they need to open for Dave?(they are one of the hottest bands out there right now!!!) The people that go to a Dave show (in Canada) will not be the type to like the harder edge of Umphrey's...

I think that this is a poor move for Umphrey's...why do they need to open for Dave?(they are one of the hottest bands out there right now!!!) The people that go to a Dave show (in Canada) will not be the type to like the harder edge of Umphrey's...

The Drive-By Truckers opened for them last year. From what I heard less then 250 people actually watched them and those were probably DBT fans. I think it's nice for a larger band to offer a really good smaller act an opening slot. Unfotunately Umphreys certainly hasn't made any effort to come up here yet on their own.

why play an opening slot for a huge million album selling artist? Maybe exposure? ya know, get some new fans...

sounds like a good idea but rarely works. bands like the Mule and Umphrey's would gain a bigger fan base opening for James Taylor because their audiance isn't screaming teenage girls waiting to see how hot he looks when he comes out.

I certainly don't think that Umphrey's will get a lot of exposure opening for a band that has a fanbase that cream's in their pants when they hear 'Crash Into Me'.....it's kind of a clash of genre's.

I have seen DMB live and I am not bashing them....but I highly doubt that UM are getting ready for these opening gigs in hopes of breaking into the mainstream.

I'd like to see how the DMB fans adapt to UM songs like Nopener, Divisions, or 'Jimmy Stewart'

I have seen DMB live and I am not bashing them....but I highly doubt that UM are getting ready for these opening gigs in hopes of breaking into the mainstream.

i sincerely hope the fuck not. considering their success and the apparent path they've been taking this move leaves me mind boggled.