Jambands.ca

Umphrey's opening for DMB

gentlemonkey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can safely say these people are morons

This coming from a wook that drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon.

in case you haven't noticed i've undergone several operations to de-wook myself. so now i look like every other socially acceptable prick just so i can fit in with YOU!

my gawd, I haven't heard that expression "cream her jeans" in a loooong time. I always associate it, too, with Carole Pope's sultry, sexy voice in "High School Confidential." Call it Pavlovian, but after so many repetitions of that expression in this thread, you guys are MAKING ME HUNGRY!!! Mmmmmm creamy cucumber salad dressing....

toronto dave fans are a bunch of stuck up rich kids from the burbs.

Well that explains why you're there!

yo, i may be rich, but i don't live in the burbs...thats soooo slumming it.

i live in a fab penthouse condo in yorkville that my daddy bought me...

its really convienent because i get to eat breakfast at sasafraz and mingle with the celebs.

I Love Dave and frankly am ecstatic that Matisyahu is opening for him in Toronto. The fact that Mule is opening for him is great, but frankly I think Dave should open for Mule!!!

(I am an enormous Mule fan)

But DMB is sweet, if you don't like him then whatever...they aren't what they used to be but meh what is now adays. Dave Matthews is an incredible lyricist and no one can deny that. Sure some of his songs are a little off but they can't all be gems.

Besides, if Warren is OK with him, then damnit, so am I!

I wish I had tonnes of chicks creamin' their pants for me.

I love dave and tim although I'm not the hugest fan of the DMB I do enjoy their shows. Dave puts a lot of emotion into his singing.

I've always dreamed of a world where people can listen to and like whatever they want.

For me music is life. I play guitar (rather terribly) but music sends me to places most people will never see or experience. If I'm in a conversation and a good song comes on there's a good chance I lose track of what the other person is saying. This site is pretty cool as it's dedicated to my favorite type of music which is improvisational. It's also full of folks that I think might also feel the music like I do.

I have no idea where I'm going with this but I had to write something. It gets me so down when I see such negativity towards any music and the fans that like it.

PS: Umphrey's rocks!!!

I personally don't think very highly of any of DMB's more recent albums, but I still enjoyed the band a couple of years ago. As far as Umphreys goes, I think anyone who says a band is "selling out" by opening for another band is selfishly thinking of their own concert experience. If you are really a big fan of Umphreys, you should be thrilled for their opportunity, as I am sure they are. Any exposure=good exposure.

(my humble opinion of course...)

Edited by Guest

And maybe if the guys in Humprey's play their cards right, they can land a role in a 20th Century Fox kids' movie too! ;)

Dave Matthews Talks About "Because of Winn-Dixie"

(In fairness I should add that it is a pretty touching movie, as far as kids' movies go. And maybe Dave Matthews' music does have something of the same effect in shows as it does with the animals in this movie ;).)

Dave Matthews is also interviewed and contributes tracks to Tiger Woods Golf 2006, fyi.....
I also can't believe how much criticism of them seems to have so little to do with their music. The stereotypical digs at DMBs fanbase I see are pathetic.

It feels so good to be proven so correct. Thank you, friends.

Dave Matthews is also interviewed and contributes tracks to Tiger Woods Golf 2006' date=' fyi.....[/quote']
I also can't believe how much criticism of them seems to have so little to do with their music. The stereotypical digs at DMBs fanbase I see are pathetic.

It feels so good to be proven so correct. Thank you, friends.

Ummmmm, I don't really know what I "proved" to you, I just picked this game up yesterday and have been playing it and noticed what I stated in my post, as it was barely relevent to the topic. I'm actually a Dave fan and caught them when they were in TO last year.

And fwiw, I had never seen what Dave Matthews looked like until I watched that movie with my girls and thought, that guy sounds like he knows what he's doing (decent music always comes as a relief in most "family" movies). And then I saw the name on the credits and wondered if it was the same DM that people know as the musician. That said, I couldn't begin to say if I'd go out of my way to see him live or anything, but I'd still be cautious of dissing him out of hand (unlike, say, Kenny G ;).

I blame those girls, of course, for my being out of touch with what's going on in the world of music ;). Luckily, we're all good with that :).

blue jays suck.

BOOOOO to that

BLUE JAYS rock my world (season ticket holder since I can remember)

i'm your detroit equivalent! :)

not since comerica park has opened, but i have many a fond memory of the old tiger stadium back in the days of alan trammel and sweet lou whitaker.

LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!