Jambands.ca

Constantines / UNINTENDED / New Capital Review

AD

Who's gonna be there?

Show is at the New Capital Music Hall (will write a review of the venue tomorrow), doors at 6:30, tickets $15 I think...

This will be a hot show. Both bands are fabulous. Dallas and Rick better play me some Syd Barrett tonight.

Again, this will be a hot show. They'll be selling a split 12" vinyl as well, side A is The Cons playing their favourite Neil Young songs (don't be denied, transformer man, don't cry no tears, shots), side B is the Unintended playing Gordon Lightfoot tunes (rosanna, redwood hills, the way i feel, walls).

Go to the show, it'll be done by 10:30, your night will just be beginning and you'll have seen an awesome show.

AD

Wow, I had no idea that the Unintended were playing dates right now. Rick White joined the Sadies for a bunch of tunes when they were in town halloween weekend 2004, it was fantastic.

I'm pretty sure that's why they played Astronomy Domine for the encore last fall in Moncton, Dave-O, an homage to a huuuuuge Syd Barrett fan, Rick White.

Right now I'm debating my wardrobe for tonight. Do I go with a Sadies shirt, an Eric's Trip shirt, or no shirt at all?

Eric's Trip it is.

AD

hmmm i'll make this quick as i'm 'workin'

Rick White was sick, so he didn't show. So it was the Sadies and Greg Keelor, really loose show, not my favourite. Good covers, some rockin Neil songs, one Gordon Lightfoot song, some Blue Rodeo tunes and a couple Sadies tunes. They were all totally out of synch, Sean was playing an electric bass and seemed pretty uncomfortable, Greg didn't know any of the Sadies tunes, Dallas was breaking strings left right and centre.

Constantines put on a standard show, nothing to write home about. Finished with a rather uninspired take on Don't Be Denied. They played a Modern Lovers cover too that was cool, and a lot of their first disc.

New Capital Music Hall - Sweet venue. Waaaaaay smaller and more intimate than the old Capital. Nice small mezzanine running around the top of the club, reminds me of Club Soda. Good sightlines everywhere except the upstairs bar. Good sound from everywhere. 2 shitty things though - the setup for all-ages shows means all the drinkers have to stay in a back corner with their drinks. Drinks are really fuggin expensive.

Bought the Cons / Unintended split ep. Waste of money, they're all pretty much just straight covers with no changes or anything interesting. One of the Lightfoot tunes the Unintended really make their own though, Rick White is a genius. But I wouldn't bother buying it.

Hope Rick is feeling better for the show tonight Guigsy. They need him on stage if they're gonna do a good show. (Personally I think they shoulda told Keelor to take the night off too so they could play all Sadies material.)

Let us know how the show is, would ya?

AD

hm.. sorry 'bout your luck, AD.

the show is thursday, so rick's still got some time to get himself up to snuff... and hopefully by then the band will have some other things ironed out, just in case.

im still pretty surprised that this little run of shows is even happening.. i mean, why? are they putting something else together? it's been 3 years since the album came out... i missed them here when they toured to support it the first time around, and all i've heard since from my friends who were there was how incredible it was, so im really lookin' forward to it.

pyschadelic thursday!

im still pretty surprised that this little run of shows is even happening.. i mean, why? are they putting something else together?

yeah... the split lp was just released, side A constantines, side B unintended... i think that's the reason.

pyschadelic thursday!

not if rick is still sick }:(

AD