Jambands.ca

Music in NY

Paan

What are some of the jam-based sites out there that I can use to find out what's playing in New York tonight and tomorrow night? I tried Jambase.com... didn't see much there. TimmyB... you mentioned one that I forgot.

Thanks in advance!

if you wanna support some canadiana in NYC, check out Joel Plaskett at Joe's Pub, or Controller Controller at the Mercury Lounge tomorrow night.

there's also the animal collective at webster hall and buckethead w/ that 1 guy at BB Kings, tomorrow.

also at BB Kings tonight: Kansas!

A place right close to me, B.B King's House of Blues, has Kansas tonight..meh, but has Buckethead and That One Guy tommorrow. I heard Buckethead mentioned here before, anybody see them.

Looks like the Allman Brothers might be Friday instead :(

I heard Buckethead mentioned here before, anybody see them.

Buckethead is more of a "him" than a "them". He's a guitar player, known primarily for wearing a bucket (as in KFC) on his head. He doesn't give interviews, but instead uses a hand puppet to talk to reporters. He plays some pretty intense (shred/manic/crazy) guitar.

http://www.bucketheadland.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead

http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?collection=etree&cat=Buckethead

Aloha,

Brad

Hey Kevin,

Willy and I saw Buckethead at Bonnaroo a couple years ago, we both thought it was awesome.

It's not for everybody though I guess, I'm not sure if you enjoy shred style guitar or not.

The guy does everything from chicken picking to metal, he's actually a little erie to watch with that mask on, and the robotic movements. there's lots of videos on youtube if you want to check him out.

Brian

Thanks for the info all.... I am going to see if I can drag my cohorts to see Buckethead tonight... but we may just end up going down to the Villiage and checking the various clubs out.

... I am looking into changing my flight to Saturday so I can hit a museum tomorrow, then the Allman Brothers... really hope I can work this out. All the stuff I want to see is playing around the time I am here... Tower of Power is here next week.. DAMN!

There's a Tower Records near Central Park, and in the jazz section, they have a display of records of artists that are playing in town around then, along with the dates and the venues. (I was there in Dec., 2003, and found out about Bill Frisell Trio at the Village Vanguard this way. :))

Aloha,

Brad