Jambands.ca

Quick iPod question...

Basher

Well, if your iPod is capable of acting as a USB key (there's a setting in iTunes to tell the iPod it's allowed to be a hard drive), you can then copy and paste all the mp3's onto the new hard drive. That's how I did it but all the file names were mangled (look like giberish.mp3). That's easy to fix with a program like ID3Tagit which you can tell to rename all the mp3's based on the ID3 tags.

Bouche would probably be the best to answer this one though.

That's how I did it but all the file names were mangled (look like giberish.mp3). That's easy to fix with a program like ID3Tagit which you can tell to rename all the mp3's based on the ID3 tags.

File names will be mangled, but the ID3 tags will be correct. To fix this you can just select the 'Keep Library Organised' after making a new iTunes library on the new computer and the options associated with that checkbox and the filenames will be changed to how you want them.

AD

Hey if anyone is looking to gear up with some Nano accesories, check out these ebay listings.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SMOKE-ACCESSORY-KIT-FOR-IPOD-NANO_W0QQitemZ9701648747QQcategoryZ48680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He's got tons of them. I got mine for $1.15. All tolled, with shipping and exchange I got for $15 Canadian. Took about 2 days to show up in the mail. Totally worth it just for the wall plug and car plug chargers alone.

hehe, i hadn't been too surly in a while so i thought i should get it out.

of course nowadays there's video and pictures and all that crap on an ipod, i just dated myself (and my ipod) with that last post.

3rd Gen what!

ad