Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Mr.SS @ Bayou (Ottawa) 3/24

bradm

I know a lot of Ottawa folk are going to Kingston to see Burt Neilson Band, but if anybody is staying in town (as I am) and wants to come out tonight (Friday, March 24), Mr. Something Something is playing at The Bayou. A fun night of afro-beat, and a chance to check out the recently revamped club, should make for a good night. Anybody else interested?

Aloha,

Brad

does my name have to end with an 'm' in order to get in on this lovefestm?

[color:purple]Of course it does, don't be silly. Your night will have to include at least one Something though (preferably two Somethings prefixed with a Mr).

It is kinda funny though with the m's. I use mattm for everything 'cause it's my name.

Is anyone else on here going to the show tonight?

Are you taping, Brad?

Yup. I'm planning on getting there around 9:00pm to get set up. I don't think there's an opening act, and Mr.SS often does three-set shows in Ottawa (at least, when they've played at The Rainbow), with the first set starting between 10:00pm and 10:30pm.

Aloha,

Brad

Thanks for coming out, everybody, it was cool to hook up with you all (and finally meet you, doug).

The revamped Bayou is a lot better now. The sound booth, which was in the middle of the floor, is now off to the side, which opens up the middle of a bar a lot. The stage has also been reoriented a bit, so that it cuts across the corner, with a kind of arc to the front of the stage. The corridor to the bathrooms also seems more open, and has a couple of pool tables.

The new sound system is pretty good (better than what it was), and is a lot more "integrated" (the old system seemed to be a real hodgepodge of stuff put togehter arbitrarily, without a full design to it).

And the band was hot last night. There was a good crowd there early on, and Mr.SS did three sets. The dance floor had people on it from the git-go, but there was still enough breathing room to let loose and enjoy yourself. There were a couple of new tunes, and one (from the first record) I hadn't heard in a long time.

Aloha,

Brad