Jambands.ca

Ottawa: Irene's Open-Stage today (Sat.)

Dr_Evil_Mouse

CJ and I are planning on heading in with the girls to take in some open-stage action this afternoon - anyone interested? We'll be there likely ca. 4:30-5.

The last times I've been there (which admittedly hasn't been many) there has been a decided dearth of hand-drums - they might well be welcome, if ya got'em.

Btw, those of you in the Nepean area, it looks like I'll be running an open stage on Saturday nights, starting in the next couple of weeks, at Kelly's Welcome (Irish pub) in Manotick. Booche, as a Nepeanite you will have no excuse not to be there.

Too bad indeed. I even got CJ on stage with me, which was downright wonderful :).

You're right - Nepean is distressingly large. If you drop down Merivale or Woodroffe to the end, at Prince of Wales (Hwy 16), hang a right for around 3 or 4 minutes, and bear left for another 3 or 4 minutes, you're there. It's a beautiful little town, and it's damn sweet in the summertime.

I'm really looking forward to getting this going. The Ottawa Valley is embarrassingly rich in musical talent (lots of bluegrass, among other things), but people seem to need excuses to get out to make it. Confounded Anglo-Saxons.