Jambands.ca

apple IPOD service apprieciation.

so i went for a jog while on vaction ont he beach.

i was wearing my swim trunks and running shoes. (no shirt)

i had the ipod in my back pocket.

after about an hour of running down sunny white sand beaches...i was in such a great mood and felt the need to cool off in the beautiful ocean. so i dove right in.....music still blasting.

(STUPID MOVE...but i got lost in the moment) ....it was so stupid i couldn't help but crack up as soon as i realized.

i swear the thought "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" went through my head as i dove head first into the warm water.

i called up apple service the day i got back.

a foam box to ship them the broken ipod came the next day. WOW.

the box had prepaid next day delivery .....i shipped them the ipod back the very same day.

3 days later (SAME BUSINESS WEEK...holy shit) , i got my new ipod in the mail.

ALL FREE (one year warrenty still in effecT).

...very happy with their service.

actually, apple seems to be pretty good with their ipod services.

the real catch is that you cant get any after-sale service from the retailer you bought it from, you must deal with Apple directly, on your own.

i hate telling customers that, but its the way apple does business.

probably generally true.

one friend has been going through an ordeal with them for months and months so i hear about that alot. maybe it just seems like everyone is complaining about them but it's just the same few people over and over!

however, about a month ago, after hearing lots of ipod complaining, i did a survey of friends i know with ipods, and 9 out of 16 people have had their ipod break and had to get it repaired or sent back for a new one. that's more than 50% of them that have broken. not good enough odds for me to buy one at this point!

however, about a month ago, after hearing lots of ipod complaining, i did a survey of friends i know with ipods, and 9 out of 16 people have had their ipod break and had to get it repaired or sent back for a new one. that's more than 50% of them that have broken. not good enough odds for me to buy one at this point!

Take a look at the Creative Labs Zen Micro line of mp3 players. You'll get more bang for your buck and, IMO, a better product!