Jambands.ca

GST cut bologna

bouche

you don't consider possible reinvestment into the economy for the greater good? i do.

well, thats not what i said.

besides, a possible re-investment isnt a re-investment - it's a possibility that it might happen. it also might not. are you going to re-invest all the money you save from the GST cut back into the economy?

sure re-investment into the economy can be a good thing. but my personal $15 seems like small potatoes to me.

well, like hux said, the people who'll benefit most from a GST cut are those who spend/consume a lot, so from that i'm deducing that the possibility of re-investment is pretty high.

honestly, i WILL probably invest some of the money saved from the GST cut back into the economy.. certainly not by direction intention, but still probably will.

as for kick backs, i don't know how much you spend per year on taxable goods and services, but i know i'd get more than $15 bucks.

well, yeah, i'd bet we come from very different spending backgrounds.

i was only using the number timouse threw out there to make my points, but still, thats too high - there's no way i spend $1500 a month on that stuff. i'd barely have a roof over my head.

oh.. wait. i didn't realize the 15 bucks was the monthly savings.. i WISH i was in that spending bracket!

oh well.. i'm thinking we're going to have to end this one on agreeing to disagree. ultimately it boils down to our politics and we've talked that one out before... ya know when you "tapped out"? ;)

i don't think either of us are going to budge, so i'm going to opt for letting it slide.

but $15 a month x however many people, is a good chunk of change that is no longer being re-distributed for the greater good.

what, $15 is too much to pass around to your neighbours?

28 million canadians

=say 10 million homes x $15

= $150,000,000 per month that could go to do something productive. mind you, 6 beers will make me feel better about my government :P