Jambands.ca

Tragically Hip headlining Hillside...

Basher

I seriously doubt this and hope that it is not true. The Hip are too big for Hillside and would attract a crowd not typical at festivals. Hillside does not need to get any bigger and like many good things is a victim of it's sucess. I know things can't go backwards but Hillside 10-15 years ago was more intimate and relaxed. Still a great festival.

I seriously doubt this and hope that it is not true. The Hip are too big for Hillside and would attract a crowd not typical at festivals. Hillside does not need to get any bigger and like many good things is a victim of it's sucess. I know things can't go backwards but Hillside 10-15 years ago was more intimate and relaxed. Still a great festival.

agreed. even last year's stars/arcade fire/bss headliners seemed to change things a bit. i fully support the idea that the festival should put on a good show and sell tickets, there's a balance between pleasing the people that come for the headliner and the folks that are there for the weekend. it seems over the past few years that there's becoming a deeper divide between the two.

the idea that next years' camping is sold out by midway through this years' sunday afetrnoon speaks to the popularity of the festival, but even that's a little silly...

oh well. waiting pateiently for the onsale date for tickets...

it seems over the past few years that there's becoming a deeper divide between the two.

perhaps the promoter recognized this and it is the reason for actually staging two separate events, because as NewRider points out - The Tragically Hip show is not part of the festival, but an event unto itself.

it seems over the past few years that there's becoming a deeper divide between the two.

perhaps the promoter recognized this and it is the reason for actually staging two separate events' date=' because as NewRider points out - The Tragically Hip show is not part of the festival, but an event unto itself. [/quote']

handn't thought of that :)

does that mean mellower headliners at hillside?

Hard to say, Tim, whether it was that or simply the availability of The Hip and Weakerthans who are doing some other shows around that time. As Zero says - a well known bill in a proven venue.

Hard to say' date=' Tim, whether it was that or simply the availability of The Hip and Weakerthans who are doing some other shows around that time. As Zero says - a well known bill in a proven venue. [/quote']

indeed. i've been harbouring a fantasy about come together at guelph lake :)