Jambands.ca

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!--edit:lost the house

Tooly

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everyone for the well wishes and congrats!! it is definitely an exciting time but also a little stressful n'est pas? I keep thinking of so much crazy stuff to do around the house and what not and well, then of course there is the wedding to plan too! exciting indeed! at least i am past the 'heart attack' stage. I guess we will keep you all updated!

Cheers!

HEY Tooly.. Were Neighbours soon...When do ya get the keys.. Houses are the way to go..if can get a starter and blossom from there into a little family life for ya's. And by the way, CONGRATS ON THAT! Seeya soon. LAWS

lost the house. the home inspector opened my eyes to a few major things that i had missed, like the soaking wet corner of the basement that the tenant hid the first few times we looked at it.

the crumbling foundation, the lead pipe, the asbestos, the rotten load-bearing beams, the sheathing peeling up on the roof, letting water in, the windows not trimmed, letting water in.

it was endless bad news, so we passed. still looking.

fucking hell

yup, definate silver lining there but it can't be easy news to take

my advice is to drink heavily

oh buddy i did. we had the inspection saturday, followed promptly by beers and bowls and doobies and bad food. its a shame, but yeah esau you are totally right, its better to find out now than when we moved in.

the one big buff joist in the basement, at the bottom of the stairs, it holds up the front half of the house, and the prev. owner i guess cut out more than half of it, drilled some holes thru it for wire, there was a big old crack about 2 feet long. looks like they cut it out for headroom.

fucking hell eh.

lets get drunk

lets get drunk

Yes, do carry on :crazy: .

Sorry to hear this, Tooly. I don't think anyone (with the possible exception of Lazlo, pro forma) will offer up any different p.o.v.'s - sorry for the disappointment, but just imagine the grief if it had gone through.

I suppose one other way to make yourself feel better is that you could have yourself hypnotised, convinced that you had bought the place, been led through the inevitable chain of disasters that would have ensued, and then someone would clap their hands and you could wake up with a big Whew.

But still, :crazy: . Good luck with the ongoing quest.

maybe once it collapses, you can get it for a real steal and then you'll also know you're really walking into a "handyman's dream" (I love real estate lingo!!!!---NOT!)

serious condolences for your dashed hopes, there guys! But you will find something -- old people die all the time. And that's why they made Febreeze!

shit....I better get some coffee inta me...or go back to bed!

speaking of dying ppl, we went to an estate sale the other day, first day it was on the market, and it sold that night, the market is absolutely kookoo right now. that estate sale house had fucking BIG puddles in the basement, tons of foundation issues, and it still sold in a heartbeat.

sheeeeitt