Jambands.ca

Ten more sleeps!!!!

edger

I am SO excited for the Gilmour show, I can't wait!!

Only thing that sort of sucks is I'm sitting by myself (Todd and I weren't able to get two tickets together), but hey I'm certainly not complaining. I am STOKED!! We're hitting Monday night (probably not the best night for catching an after-party or another band afterwards)...if anyone knows of anything going on let me know...

Who else is heading to the show?

I am not sold on his new album but I guarantee these shows will be nights to remember.

fyi, Toronto's Q107 (ww.q107.com) is broadcasting a London concert on Thursday night. I believe out of towners can stream it through the Q site.

from www.brain-damage.co.uk

A month ago, almost to the day, saw the recording of David Gilmour's very special, exclusive concert for the BBC, at London's Mermaid Theatre.

In front of an audience of competition winners, and a handful of David's family and friends, a full house had the pleasure of seeing a wonderful performance - which was aired on BBC Radio, BBCi (Interactive TV), and their website. David played a well-balanced set, combining tracks from his new album "On An Island", with a selection of Pink Floyd classics.

Our Canadian friends now have the opportunity of hearing a full rebroadcast of the concert. On Thursday night (April 6th), Classic Rock Q107 based in Toronto will be airing the show. This is a precursor to David's two shows at the city's Massey Hall on Sunday and Monday, and the concerts will be further marked by Q107 holding a special "Pink Floyd Weekend", which promises plenty of David's solo work alongside group work, and a rebroadcast of the "best of the Legends of Classic Rock" at 9am on Saturday morning.

Our thanks to Andrew over at Q107 for the head's up...

I notice this does not say what time the show will be broadcast at so further investigation is required for those interested.

Crosby and Nash sat in last night in NYC for a couple of songs from the new album and Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Encore was Find The Cost of Freedom, presumably with C&N as well.

I'll post the setlist if anyone's interested. I just don't want to cause any unwanted spoilers for the whole show.