Jambands.ca

Gathering of the Vibes initial lineup announced!

doug

Lineup looks pretty good so far.

Bob Weir and Ratdog

Yonder Mountain String Band

Hot Tuna

Burning Spear

Keller Williams

Assembly of Dust

Deep Banana Blackout

North Mississippi Allstars

Strangefolk

The Ryan Montbleau Band

Tea Leaf Green

Scarecrow Collection

The Zen Tricksters w. Donna Jean Godchaux

UMelt

Papa Mali

The Everyone Orchestra

David Gans

Juggling Suns

Chuch

Rafterbats

King for a Day

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dima, once again you have no idea what you're talking about, GOTV is the last fest that would EVER sell out. I'm guessing you've never been to the Vibes it a great time on a beautiful piece of land run by crazy bikers...who wouldn't love that.

moe. has headlined it before but I think I remember reading something about a falling out between moe and GOTV, so I don't think they'll be playing there again.

GOTV is a great festival I highly recommended it. I definetly want to go this year

yeah, but that was before GOTV sold out maan.

DOUCHFLECK! Hahahahaaa... you're such a moron!

I went in 2001 when it was in Red Hook, NY and loved the fest but hated the venue. It was on this farm and it rained a lot so the whole place smelled like Dima after a trip to the AGO. A great crowd shows up for GOTV though, a lot better then you get at most U.S. festivals.

Had a fun time last year and expect to be back this year. It's very family friendly and the kids really enjoyed it and even made some new friends. The bikers did a good job of running the venue. My only complaint was the long wait to get in on Friday - something like 4 hrs, while they searched all the cars going in (and one reason it took so long was because of the idiots who cant read the rules and insist on bringing glass in with them. but there were not enough searchers either IMO). More flush toilets would be nice as well ;)

Edited by Guest

No glass dogs filled with Nitrous, can't you hippies read the signs?

Love the flush toilet guy, his tip jar was insane. Huge nugs, sheets of acid, every color pill in the rainbow and tons of cash. Not bad for telling people where to piss.

Edited by Guest

reminder: early bird passes this morning!!!!

Tickets On-Sale this Saturday at noon!

3 Day and VIP Passes for Gathering of the Vibes go on sale exclusively online Saturday, April 8th at 12PM EST. Tickets are general admission.

Early Bird Passes

(limited supply) $90

3 Day Passes

$125

VIP Passes

$325

Sunday Passes

(at the gate) $40

Gathering of the Vibes is an all ages event. Kids 12 and under, are admitted for free! If your child is close to the age of 12, we ask that you please bring proper age verification (i.e. birth certificate.) Any person under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

The 3 Day Pass allows for entry into the festival starting on Friday at 8:00 AM.

If you want to get a head start and join us on Thursday, gates will open at 8:00 AM. for an additional $20 fee per vehicle.

Ordering Tickets is Easy!

Live Music begins at Noon on Friday.

1. Order Online:

The easiest way to buy tickets is to order online. It's safe, secure and we will never sell or show your info to anyone.

2. Retail Outlets:

Tickets go on sale at retail outlets on Monday, April 24th. There are many ticket outlets accessible throughout the northeast where you can purchase tickets in person using cash. These locations will be posted in the next couple days. Additionally, please mention the venue name (Indian Lookout Country Club) if purchasing tickets from Strawberries, Coconuts or FYE.

3. Mail Order:

Please visit our friends at GDTS TOO for mail order instructions on how to order by mail using a USPS or Western Union money order (sorry, no personal checks!). Orders by mail must be postmarked no later July 28, 2006 in order to be processed.

4. Phone Orders:

Give us a call during business hours at 203.226.8749

sidenote: BWM...have we met??...usually festies are for "moms & pops only" in this household, but we have a nine year old might be able to keep yours company...let us know if you are planning to go and also bring her!

I think that it's the same weekend as Lose Yer Shoes. I told Tom (organizer) months ago that he should be annoucing the date because people book up their summers but no luck. We had totally planned to attend LYS but we've always wanted to go to GOTV. Decisions decisions.