Jambands.ca

Gathering of the Vibes initial lineup announced!

doug

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

purchased tix yesterday.

Calamity Jane - I don't think that we've ever met (where are yoy located?). We will be there with our kids aged 8 (by then) and 3 (almost 4 by then).

".I think it's a 'big' (-ger than CTMF, but not as mental as Roo) festival....? " never been to those festivals, but the Vibes are not too big, but not small either. I think there were around 15,000 people there last year, which was one of the bigger years. If you want to set up cam with/near friends you need to drive in together.

The Vibes is my all-time very favourite festival. I've been to several. It's very family-friendly (you have to look for sketch--I'm sure you can find it if you really want to, but it's a pretty great environment all round).

I have a number of friends who bring their kids (of all ages) every year.

2002 was the year it was at 15,000. The past few years have been significantly less...5K, 6K etc. This year is shaping up to be a comeback year for attendance..good lineup and the glut of other festivals plaguing years past has diminished somewhat.

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to visit their message boards (or ask me, I can try to assist!)

:)

I heard that they approached 15k last year as well. Apparently there were many tickets sold at the gate. Although, I dont know how valid that # is.

I totally spaced on the seapods set. it was one of the things that I was looking forward to. I was doing something with my kids during their set and remembered later that night that I forgot to go. (but I did get my daughter to accompany me to David Gans' set which was right before the seapods, and was a great set)

Interesting..you could very well be right..who knows.

Anyway, no matter what the attendance, I'm sure it will be awesome. I've been there w/15K and I've been there with 6K and both were equally fun.

Friday afternoon I streamed Phil's set from Vibes 2002...(first night)...I just love that show. :)

whoooo hooo getting even more excited as I catch up on these posts.....I think we may just bring the girls! Now I need to line up the in-house, one-night babysitting. Paging KaidyMae......Scratch that...I'll just tell her she's on duty. :P

Julia...will you be coming / going(?) this year?

BWM: we now live just south of Ottawa. I'm sure we'll cross paths before the summer if we haven't already

I LOVE the ultra small festivals...Hillside at 5000 is waaaaayyy too big for me, but I'm willing to give this one a shot seeing as all the fine folks who'll be around!

I LOVE the ultra small festivals...Hillside at 5000 is waaaaayyy too big for me, but I'm willing to give this one a shot seeing as all the fine folks who'll be around!

Do you promise to drink loads of belligerence juice and stumble around threatening to punch me out? If so, you can count me in!

Julia...will you be coming / going(?) this year?

I'm going to do my best...depends on work, ride sitch, $$ etc. of course. Still on contract at my new job, so I'm unsure where I'll be then (hell, don't know where I'll be next week)...

:)

Let me know if you want me to connect you with some other families who go every year to answer your questions!!