Jambands.ca

Gathering of the Vibes initial lineup announced!

doug

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

If you are a baseball fan, the baseball hall of fame is about an hour away (closer to Ottawa). Had thought of doing that this year (and last year as well), however, we are planning to see James Taylor at Tanglewood on the Monday after the vibes. It's about 90 minutes away (in the other direction).

Our plan, as of now, is to leave Ottawa on Thursday late afternoon, and drive to Syracuse - spend the night at the Embassy Suites. And then leave earlyish on Friday morning, do some food shopping and head to the vibes.

Holy crap, I always wondered whether the Rhythm Devils would do something on their own - worth the drive anywhere just for this!

I think we're pulling out of Hamilton around 3:00pm on the Thursday. I have no idea where to stop. We are considering just driving right in and paying the extra $10 or whatever.

I think we're pulling out of Hamilton around 3:00pm on the Thursday. I have no idea where to stop. We are considering just driving right in and paying the extra $10 or whatever.

Hey Willy...it's $20 to drive in on the Thursday (not opposed to this options either) BUT we have to sort out a meet-up spot before driving in, apparently, or we'll never get camped near each other!

luckily we still have a few weeks to sort this out. I'll do some googling!!!

• 1 month later...

Got our tickets in the mail today! This is going to be a blast!

So, it sounds like hooking up is going to be a disaster for everyone right? We're leaving in a two-car caravan from Hamilton at around 3pm on Thursday. If people are going to be able to hook up outside the festival early Friday morning (like 7am) then we'd entertain the notion of shaying in a hotel and waiting. If people aren't arriving until Friday night (which is the rumour I heard CJ) then we'll probably opt to drive in Thursday night, pay the extra $20 and watch some music!

So...?

Im making the ride with Baj and I believe he said he wanted to leave early Thursday morning?

But you guys are going to drive straight in right? Or' date=' are you interested in hanging at a hotel and waiting for everyone to hook up?[/quote']

not too sure, it's probably up to baj because hes driving...wahtever he wants to do im game. I am just thankful that I have a ride down :)

btw - on the GOTV My Space it says that Mike Gordon and Steve Kimock will be among those guesting with The Rythym Devils and the Everyone Orchestra lineup will be announced and with all the awsome people at the festy, its gonna be a doozy.

Wow, that sounds absolutely amazing. I can hardly wait to see Kimock for my first time!