Jambands.ca

Flaming Lips @ Phoenix 4/4/06 setlist

TimmyB

I'm so tired as I now realize that I will only be getting less than three hours of sleep before work tomorrow, but it was so worth it.

Anyways I can at least write out the setlist from last nights Flaming Lips gig at the Phoenix...and here it is...

1. Ta! Da!

2. Race for the Prize

3. Bohemian Rhapsody

4. Free Radicals

5. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots pt. 1

6. Cow Jam

7. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots pt. 2

8. The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song

9. The W.A.N.D.

10. She Don't Use Jelly

11. Do You Realize??

Encore: 12. Love Yer Brain

13. War Pigs

Edited by Guest

yes short but holy fuck was it good. They kicked so much ass, I had a smile ear to ear the whole show. It can take mountains to move a TO audience but the Lips had everyone singing along and moving. So much energy and such good vibes. I cannot wait until they come back, and the new songs were amazing.

On around 11:10pm, show over at 12:30 including 2 encores, so only bout an hour and 20 minutes. Guess that's not so short but it felt like it was too short.

the cow jam was awesome. Wayne played this tweaked kids keyboard that some dude had given him that made farm animal sounds.

Is it true that the Lips are now a three-piece? The Star alluded to that in yesterday's paper.

The Flaming Lips are a three piece in the studio with Wayne Coyne, Michael Ivins and Steven Drozd.

Though while on stage Drozd can not drum while also performing guitar and keyboards at the same time so in 2002 when the Flaming Lips became the backing band for Beck they got a Flaming Lip roadie Kliph Surlock to take over on drums. Kliph has been their drummer ever since, though Drozd still does the drum parts in the studio.

And the gig was one hour and twenty-three minutes long, short to us hippies, but definitely sweet.

If given the option would take three minutes of the Flaming Lips over three hours of most bands currently touring the globe.

Tim