Jambands.ca

The Daily Show VS The Colbert Report

the more i watch colbert and get used to his style...

the more i think his show is way better.

It's not better. Some days he's got a better show, but The Report isn't as consistantly funny as The Daily Show. Monday and Tuesday's Daily Show were as good as the show's been in a long time - even when Colbert was on the show.

I totally disagree. The Daily show is way more grown up...Colbert is so full of himself, it makes me change the channel.

Are you a Bill O'Reilly fan or hater? Colbert is perfect in his satirical take on O'Reilly. I love that Colbert is full of himself. The show wouldn't work otherwise.

1. Stephen's character is really coming into it's own. The satire is soooo thick though, I can't see how this is flying in the states.

2. The Word is the Funniest Serial Segment of both shows.

3. That being said, the interview portion of the C.R. does not work alot of the time because he can not elicit comedic responses from guests while in character. Case in point, the bombed interview with Rev. Jesse Jackson last night.

4. Interview-wise, Stewart is a superior interviewer. Able to switch speeds from humor to intelligent to wacky and back with a little self depreciatation, hands down champ.

5. The writing on the D.S. still top notch. The delivery men however lacking. They need to steal a couple of SNLers or something.

6. Stewart will forever have the leg up because he officially has transcended comedian to satirist and most importantly, significant and legitamized voice of a generation of people who find the world and as similtanously funny and scary as he obviously does. The Crossfire attack forever solidified this.

Winner: Stewart

3. That being said, the interview portion of the C.R. does not work alot of the time because he can not elicit comedic responses from guests while in character. Case in point, the bombed interview with Rev. Jesse Jackson last night.

However, his field piece interviews are always hysterical - like the ones he does when he highlights state districts.

I disagree. The funniest bit on either show is This Week In God.

However, his field piece interviews are always hysterical - like the ones he does when he highlights state districts.

I find his field pieces to be categorically lame. It doesn't take much in the way of wit to take advantage of someone who thinks they're taking part in a serious interview, just to make yourself look funny. To each his own, though.