Jambands.ca

Gerard Kennedy in for Liberal Leadership

Dr_Evil_Mouse

I found

[Kennedy] was the front-running golden boy of the 1996 provincial Liberal leadership race — the Michael Ignatieff of the time, some Grits joke today, a reference to the Etobicoke-Lakeshore MP who will officially enter the federal contest tomorrow.

in the article kind of disturbing. Ignatieff has sat as a member of the House of Commons for, what?, a couple of days, and he wants to run a Federal Political party and (presumably) be Prime Minister? I have no problem with Ignatieff as a commentator/lecturer/author/historian, but I don't know of him having any experience in anything close to governmental duties.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

in the article kind of disturbing. Ignatieff has sat as a member of the House of Commons for, what?, a couple of days, and he wants to run a Federal Political party and (presumably) be Prime Minister? I have no problem with Ignatieff as a commentator/lecturer/author/historian, but I don't know of him having any experience in anything close to governmental duties.

one could argue that's the beauty of the system, that politics and serving your country is open to anyone and everyone.

more power to him (them) i say. that's gotta take balls of steel.

sometimes a fresh start is good for the stagnant system.

(this does not serve as an endorsement of any candidate mentioned above)

ad