Jambands.ca

Horny BNB anniversary

bradm

I found

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=3161

on archive.org today. It's Burt Neilson Band from April 6, 2002 (four years ago today as I write this), at the Horseshoe, and with a guest horn section. It's a SBD+AUD matrix, and sounds really good, not to mention the playing, which is great to begin with; the added horns take it up a serious notch.

Aloha,

Brad

well, not bnb, but keller williams, who i listen to a ton of, has a horde of shows on the archive....

last year, and even into the beginning of this year, almost all of them were available to stream....

now i have a hard time even finding a show to stream....

to me, it seems like many have 'lost' the option of streaming.....so i thought archive.org did it to save bandwidth....

Actually, you don't get to choose streamability; instead, you (sometimes) get to choose whether lossy (MP3 and OGG) versions of the files/tracks will be generated. Since only MP3s are streamable, if you don't generate MP3s, you don't get to stream the show.

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah, that's what I meant. Choosing lossy derivations is functional choosing streamability. I wish they'd separate the two options at archive though, so tapers that are adamantly opposed to lossy formats could still make their recordings streamable. I rarely download anything from archive without streaming it first to get a rough idea of the sound quality.

When I saw this post I initially thought it was about another show.... 4/6/98 (8 years ago!). My memory's definately slipping, but I think this was one of the shows I passed along to Sean in Calgary about 5 years ago or so. (in front of the Night Gallery!) I could be wrong.... I was never sure if that show made it into circulation or not.

It was back in Thunder Bay while we were still students... probably our last show there before we left for our first tour.

I just found the setlist too....

04/06/98 - The Outpost - Thunder Bay, Ont

I. Waves, Jack Lumber, Down With the Sound, Anabanana, Fresco Lopez

II. Wild Rice, Show Me Your Soul*, Finding Your Soul, Crashing, Schpilkis > Namaste > Schpiliks, Travelling Fortune Cookie, Function > Drums > 2001 > Function, Franklin's Tower

E. Trumpoon Mania, Loving Cup, Gettin' Wet

First one in the old archive...

http://www.ctree.org/bnb/

Ah well.... 10 year anniversary's rolling around this Fall... probably have to hit the whole country for that one.

Holy shit that takes me back!!!! I haven't heard Wild Rice in so long.

The Schpilkis>Namaste>Schpilkis was also sick (if my memory serves me well!)

Jeff do you have the tape from this show?

Jeff PM me your phone number please...

My memory's definately slipping, but I think this was one of the shows I passed along to Sean in Calgary about 5 years ago or so. (in front of the Night Gallery!) I could be wrong.... I was never sure if that show made it into circulation or not.

Jeff, I was JUST in the process of putting those shows in a digital format!! Ive done the Halloween show of that year but havn't done the show above....The sound is far from desirable but I will convert them anyway. I will have to return these tapes to you when you come back out this way for tour;)

Wow... I thought I'd lost everything (memory-wise) beyond 2002. Thanks Shawn. Hmmm.... it was either recorded on a mini disc with the supplemental mic.... an old ghetto blaster.... or perhaps an sm58 onto cassette. Sound wise I'm sure they're diasaters and sobriety wise I'm sure we were as well... but it'd be neat to hear.

I actually have our first show as BNB, 10/31/96. But I'm holdin onto that for another 10 years.

Chili peppers cover indeed. That's a great keyboard tune... Billy Preston's on it I believe. We were still playing that in 99... and there's probably a few versions on the week long Banff run we did in Feb of that year. I know the whole week got taped by our friend Jeff Farrow... I've got afew of the days and I think he's got them all. I should talk to him about that.....

Archive wise... Bouche... I'm still workin on getting a VHS to convert that Halloween 2001 show to DVD for ya. I haven't forgot.