Jambands.ca

Top Albums of the Decade

fluffhead77

So we're more than half the way thru this decade and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what album, if any, has put itself forward in their minds, as top so far this decade.

and of course, what album would you say was the best of the previous decade?

My vote would be for

radiohead_ok_computer-front.jpg

RUNNERS UP:

20411hy569.jpg

What can you say about this album that hasn't already been said. When people look back to see what songwriting was all about in this era, this album will be on top of their list. Flawless begining to end. Heartbreaking, uplifting and probably the biggest reason why Wilco is one of the most important bands playing today.

Mars Volta: Frances the Mute

B0007GAEW6.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This isn't an album you put on for the few tracks you like. This isn't album you put on for backround noise. This is piece of art that you listen to begining to end and give yourself to. Pushes the whole "concept album" to the next level. Some parts of this cd give me a splitting head ache everytime i listen to it...and thats exactly the point.

babylon.jpg

I'm a huge fan of Thievory and this is my own personal fav. i don't think this is groundbreaking or anything...its just really great to listen to and throw on at a party.

Lemon Jelly: Lost Horizons

9540.jpg

This is one of my most listened to cds. if you haven't heard Lost Horizons by Lemon Jelly...please do. Listening to this album is like walking through a whimsical enchanted forest while on e.

AND IMHO THE BEST ALBUM TO HAVE COME OUT SINCE 2000 IS:

B00013RC9I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

don't hate the playa, hate the game. why do u ask i think this is the best album in the last 6 years? smoke a joint. put on some really good head phones and fall asleep to this album.

Edited by Guest

My Morning Jacket-Z

I think it's a great album too. The one that kicked me in the face was It Still Moves, although I think their last two albums, Z and ISM, rank 3 and 4 respectively in their cannon when compared to their 1999 release Tennesse Fire and the 2001 masterpiece At Dawn:

B00005IBZT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Edited by Guest