Jambands.ca

Top Albums of the Decade

fluffhead77

Its my favourite of theirs for some reason(edit: no mistake, I absolutely love the others too!), although I know its the least "rootsy". I am very excited as to what music they are going to produce in my lifetime! I think there's lots to come.

Edited by Guest

Its my favourite of theirs for some reason, although I know its the least "rootsy". I am very excited as to what music they are going to produce in my lifetime! I think there's lots to come.

I agree. I love a band that evolves in unpredictable ways. I've seen Z in many used bins and it makes sense. Some old-guard fringe fans will not like this album or understand that the band needs to grow by exploring new and increasingly more dense musical directions. Another thing is that their albums are not boring and I can't perceive that a "dated" label will ever be pinned to any of their releases. The same can't be said for most older bands from the 70's that put out albums in the 80's. Most are unlistenable. I don't know why I just went on this stream of consciousness type ramble.