Jambands.ca

What's for Lunch today?

rubberdinghy

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats up with muffaletta mix there marc? sounds intriguing, you ever try nasi goreng? YUMMMM

todays lunch was scrambled egg burritos with old white chedder, green pep, red onion and chunky salsa

tasty

seriously though, if youve never had nasi goreng, try it, try it without the fried egg on top the first time around, it is AMAZING, my favourite dish now that i know what it is.

basically chicken, rice, bacon(optional, also ground beef optional) a few veggies and the spice mix

essen.jpg

an indonesian dish that the Dutch liked so much they made it their own

muffaletta mix is basically an olive salad. Put it on a sandwich with Italian cold cuts and provolone cheese and you'll be in the orgasmic heaven I've been in for days now:

(rough measurements here, the main deal is olives)

2/3 cup chopped green olives

2/3 cup chopped black olives

1/2 cup chopped carrots

1/2 cup chopped celery

1/4 cup chopped artichokes (canned are fine)

1 large garlic clove, minced

to taste - chopped hot peppers

to taste - salt (not too much) and pepper

1 tbsp red wine vinegar

3 tbsp olive oil

Mix the mothafuckin ingredients up in a bitch-ass bowl and let the shit sit for a little fuckin while. Then spread that fuck all over some buns that are soft on the inside and crusty on the outside - kinda like Booche's buns - and slap some Italian cold-cuts on there (I use mortadella, hot salami and proscuito, bitch) and let it sit again so all that oily shit can seep into the goddamn bun. Open your fat horrible mouth and insert muff. Lick it up and then breathe heavily on your co-workers. BOO-YA!

Edited by Guest
oh yeah can't forget the godamn muthafuckin garlic!

Mix the mothafuckin ingredients up in a bitch-ass bowl and let the sh!t sit for a little fuckin while. Then spread that fuÇk all over some buns that are soft on the inside and crusty on the outside - kinda like Booche's buns - and slap some Italian cold-cuts on there (I use mortadella, hot salami and proscuito, bitch) and let it sit again so all that oily sh!t can seep into the goddamn bun. Open your fat horrible mouth and insert muff. Lick it up and then breathe heavily on your co-workers. BOO-YA!

man its hard not to make that my new sig.

olives are for punkass bitches, i hate em

thanks anyways tho, ya filthy fucker ya

• 2 weeks later...

Alright...pork shnitzel...

Flour, Egg dip, breadcrumb mixture(a few cups of breadcrumbs, tblsp of pepper, tblsp chili powder, salt), pork

1) pick up some pork cutlets (butterflied boneless chops are usally quite easy to find at the grocery store) and trim any fat.

2) place a piece of pork between 2 pieces of saran and pound your pork to about a 1/4" thin ;) Do this for all pieces. ( as far as servings go, you'll get 3 sammys out of 2 pieces of pork)

3) Flop the pork into a bowl with flour and make sure all surfaces are covered ensuring it's dry all over.

4) place flour covered pork one piece at a time into a bowl containing a couple beaten eggs and a tablespoon of water.

5) place pork into dish with breadcrumb mixture making sure mixture covers all areas of the piece.

6) let pork "set". This means place them on a covered plate in the refridgerator for at least 20 minutes, up to an hour. this will ensure a better coating that won't come off when cooking.

7) fry in 1" of olive oil until medium brown on either side. This won't take long so be mindful, it can easily burn.

8) drain on paper towel .

Mayo: 1 egg yolk, salt, pepper, 1 tsp. dijon mustard, small clove garlic, juice of 1 1/2 lemons, pinch cayenne, vegetable or olive oil

1) mince garlic

2) combine garlic, lemon, mustard, salt/pepper in food processor*

3) with blender running, add oil slowly until mayo thickens to your desired consistancy

* I use my immersion hand blender and it works just fine.

Onions: fry them on high until they start to turn brown, throw in a healthy pinch of salt. This will stop them browning due to the water extraction set off by added salt. cook for another few minutes on medium and toss in good 2 tablespoons of curry powder. Cook off for another few minutes and throw in a healthy pinch or 2 of sugar. cook for additional 4-5 minuites on med./low...

assemble on whichever bun you favour, I use these "lapinja" buns (I'm pretty sure I'm spelling this wrong, I'll let y'all know when I go back to the deli...they're a Polish, soft roll about 7-8" in diameter, very airy, but have some weight to them. ) I like to involve as many veggies as the bread can handle, feel free to experiment...

enjoy.

Cheers,

Brian

:)

Edited by Guest

I was taken out by the firm for lunch today!

We went to La Cantina here in Hamilton.

I split grilled calamari and steamed mussles in spicy tomato sauce with a friend.

For the main? I had the Patate Rostini Pizza (Bianca Neve): pancetta, wild mushrooms, potatoes, rosemary, fontina, mozzarella

Steamwhistle on tap.

Good stuff fuckers!