Jambands.ca

Ignatieff in! Dion in!

ollie

I just saw Ignatieff interviewed by Don Newman on CBC Newsworld, and I was impressed by what he said (especially his views on Quebec having a role at UNESCO, which was part of the recent throne speech) and how he said it. (Does being a lecturer give him an edge as a communicator?)

He also had some views on how taxes get transferred between the federal and provincial levels, and they sounded on the tough-talking side, not fiscally, but in terms of responsbility (at both levels).

I may pay more attention to this race than to those that have come up in the past few years.

Aloha,

Brad

I'd have a hard time getting past Ignatieff's foreign policy thing (hackneyed as that is already starting to sound); my money's still on Kennedy, fwiw, who has had to deal with people besides post-grads at Harvard for the last many years (not to mention the layers of government in Canada from the municipal to the federal, in concrete terms).

I agree the Iraq thing will be tough for him, and in the end Kennedy may be the most untarnished....I just like how MI answers questions and conducts himself, he`s not a politician and at this point is not speaking from some programmed talking points in his head or trying to tread carefully around questions/issues.

Could - but I think he is the real deal.

Holy crap, for once I agree with Hux about Liberal politics!!!!

For now I like Ignatieff as well, over all the other candidates. I'll be paying close attention to what he says in the coming months.

AD

His intelligence may be his undoing, like it was for Howard Dean.

It may be and that depresses me. Stephen Harper's "aw shucks" everyman routine is playing well at the moment. Hello, people! Intelligence is a good thing.

Ignatieff and Kennedy were both on Question Period yesterday. I prefer Kennedy on paper but Ignatieff has a charm that is winning me over. I still can't reconcile his stance on Iraq. I somewhat buy the spin that what we say as a private citizen might contradict what we do as a public figure but doubts linger.

It will be interesting to see if Ignatieff keeps his free-wheeling style once the stakes get higher.

I have no interest in any of the other declared and rumoured-to-be-declared candidates at this point.