Jambands.ca

The Masters

badams

I don't believe in Jinx's. His destiny is in his hands.

Tell that to any pitcher who's lost a no hitter' date=' or Goalie that's blown a shut-out. There aint no real way to prove it, but its there, oh, it's there.[/quote']

It's the pressure they put on themselves. It's not a jinx. People like to use that as an excuse.

Just my 2 cents

I dunno, I always sort of believed in the "Jinx". MAny many times, its proven itself to me, but the latest happened last summer while driving home and listening to Sunday night baseball on the radio.

Noah Lowry of the SF Giants was throwing a no-no into the seventh when one of the commentators mentioned the fact leading in to the inning. Immediately, my ears perked and my heart raced. The other guy jumped on it right away. To paraphrase:

Guy 1: "Well now you've done it!!!! How long have you been doing this job?"

Guy 2: "What? it means nothing."

They continue to argue. First pitch gets hit in to center field for a base hit. The one guy just reams the other out for the rest of the game. It was pretty funny.

I dunno, I always sort of believed in the "Jinx". MAny many times, its proven itself to me, but the latest happened last summer while driving home and listening to Sunday night baseball on the radio.

Noah Lowry of the SF Giants was throwing a no-no into the seventh when one of the commentators mentioned the fact leading in to the inning. Immediately, my ears perked and my heart raced. The other guy jumped on it right away. To paraphrase:

Guy 1: "Well now you've done it!!!! How long have you been doing this job?"

Guy 2: "What? it means nothing."

They continue to argue. First pitch gets hit in to center field for a base hit. The one guy just reams the other out for the rest of the game. It was pretty funny.

I have heard or seen situations like that myself. However for every one of those situations there are hundreds if not thousands of comments that lead to nothing. I think those few times that happen stand out in our mind and we therefore think of the jinx.

I don't think he's jinxed at all, hence my smilie face after my first response. He's got some significant mental issues that's for sure.

I agree. I love Weir and think he's a phenominal Golfer. However is mental fortitude is lacking at times.

Agreed, but when the jinx happens, it usually inturpts something in the midst of being REALLY special, which is why i guess we notice. Which is also why I respect the jinx and try not mention shit. Infact, I dont think Ive mentioned once this year that if the Leafs make the playoffs, they'll beat the Sens, cuz I dont want to J-I-N-X it. But they aint even gonna make it, so its okay. But fuck, see, now they will, and they'll lose, and it'll be all my fault. Im such a jerk.