Jambands.ca

°∞oO Lose Yer Shoes - August 11 - 13 Oo∞°

\/\/illy

I just got the official word about the Lose Yer Shoes Festival this year. The festival is being held at the Granite Ridge Wilderness Campground, in Kearney, Ontario, Canada. This is the same location as last year and anyone that was there will attest to its beauty. There is an official web-site here but it hasn't been updated yet. This is a very children friendly festival with tye-dying workshops and even children's performers.

So far the confirmed artists are:

Friday Night

Mark Wilson

Harvard Mouse

High Plains Drifter

Burt Neilson Band

Saturday

Tessa Lee

What The Thunder Said

Caution Jam

Fat Cats

Sunday

Fat Jam (featuring members of Caution Jam & The Fat Cats!)

Book this time off in your summer calendar and come have a wonderful time in beautiful northern Ontario listening to some of your favourite bands!

Note: Schedule subject to change.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on!! THanks for the update Willy. Todd just told me last night that they were playing on Saturday. However knowing that DD and CJ are playing before them is an extra treat!!

(I hope Mark and Todd will do some jammin again soon, I really enjoyed their little christmas/holiday time run...)

I'm super interested in this festival. I try and get out to the Kearney Regatta each year. My mother and sister live minutes away from Kearney. Muskoka is a beautiful place to be any time of year!! Last year I was stuck working during Lose Your Shoes. Fortunatly I have lots of notice to book that weekend off. Thanks for the heads up Willy!!

(I hope Mark and Todd will do some jammin again soon, I really enjoyed their little christmas/holiday time run...)

Oh man, that was so sweet. I really hope they get around to doing that again too. I ran into Todd one day at La Luna and it sounded like he was interested in doing that acoustic arrangement at CTMF. Did that ever materialize?

BTW, I have a really nice recording of that Christmas show. I need to produce the final mix and get it out there to people.

Edited by Guest

Everyone needs to get their groove on and get themselves up to this one. It is a fantastic festival and is in a great location! Just a few miles down the road from where I live.

Thanks for the update, I have been checking the website a couple times a week waiting for an announcement.

Loved this festival! The ol van just made the trip in then died out on us...luckily we had some kind people help us out and get it going again. Cant wait for this festival again this year. Such a nice area...even has a river for canoeing..just watch out for the mutant spiders ;)

Hmmmm... I seem to recall helping someone out that was having van problems. Must have been a lot of it going around. Unless of course, that was you. :D

hahaha hey Willy! yes that would be me (Heather)...Baj and I were there together :) Thanks again sooo much for your help! Loved gettin to check out your van and play with your dog...what are their names again? Im hopin this year things run a little more smoothly with my van.. we rebuilt the engine over the winter but havent tried it out yet, heres hopin! ;)

hahaha hey Willy! yes that would be me (Heather)...Baj and I were there together :) Thanks again sooo much for your help! Loved gettin to check out your van and play with your dog...what are their names again? Im hopin this year things run a little more smoothly with my van.. we rebuilt the engine over the winter but havent tried it out yet, heres hopin! ;)

Hiya Heather! Long time no see! I hope everything is going well up in your neck of the woods! My van's name is Jazzy and my dog's name is Bagheera.

Woo-hoo! New engine! I'm certain she'll be purring like a cat all summer long! Looking forward to connecting at some point this summer!

The only thing that I would change with the festival is the second stage. It seemed like a really long walk to do in the dark and wasnt marked the best. I dont think we even attempted it at night now that I think about it considering we got lost on our way there in the day. Besides that I loved the set-up. I really liked checkin out the tie die and watchin the glass blowers at work. Caution jam was amazing...hope Eric is there this time too though.

That's hilarious - there was somebody who kept coming along on a quad telling all the kids to get off the thing because they'd mess it up too badly.

Now, next question - is there really much e-coli nastiness to fear off that river? I only learned of it on the last day, when the damage would have already been done....

Now, next question - is there really much e-coli nastiness to fear off that river?

yes, DO tell...that was waaaayyy toooo much fun (shroomy swimming). And what better location than right behind the main stage to do that kinda floating (literal AND metaphorical/chemical)

I only learned of it on the last day, when the damage would have already been done....

sadly, no second "limbs"/appendages, yet! :(:P:P