Jambands.ca

°∞oO Lose Yer Shoes - August 11 - 13 Oo∞°

\/\/illy

Someone told me, at the tail end of the weekend, of course, when it was really sort of moot, that there had been an ongoing feud with a farm upstream over things being released into the river. This had been some time in the past, but buddy seemed concerned about it. I dunno, again, I spend half that weekend in the river with no ill effects. Mind you, some people swim in the Ganges with impunity, too.

Now, if only they can set up a rotating stage sort of affair so that people in the river can see as well as hear what's going on.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a local talking about something bad being in the river too. Just as Reggaemuffin and I were pulling her canoe outta the river after goin down stream to a small set of rapids where we discovered a colony of THE craziest biggest freakiest spiders I have ever seen in real life. They were big black and meaty..even a bit mutated perhaps :P and maybe due to whatever is in that water? just a guess? They totally freaked us out though as we were playin around the rapids a bit and turning the canoe around which put us close to the riverbank and over hanging bushes which turned out to be these spiders colony. Definately a surprising discover...and were so happy they didnt fall onto us or in the canoe. Probably not harmless..but sure looked like it..who knows? Just a word of warning if you dont like freaky deeky spiders :P

Rumor has it that a crew of men went on a search to find and document the existance of these bravura creatures. To this day they have not returned. Word has it that the only thing that remains of them is their sunken vessel approx 500 meters downstream from where the specimens were sited.

I'd like to make this one since I haven't been to a Lose Your shoes since it was in Bracebridge, 1999 I believe was my last. But, as it stands I'll be on my yearly canoe trip, although it wouldn't be to bad coming out early (after 5 weeks) to catch some live music. probally could portage there actually...lol.

That would be one hell of a portage. Is the river that flows by the campground the big east river?? There is an annual ride down the big east out of Huntsville every July 1st weekend. What a pissfest. I fell out of the canoe last time I was on it. What a bender.

That would be one hell of a portage. Is the river that flows by the campground the big east river?? There is an annual ride down the big east out of Huntsville every July 1st weekend. What a pissfest. I fell out of the canoe last time I was on it. What a bender.

It would be a good portage thats for sure but not really too bad. Where we usually are it would probally take another two days to get to the Magnetawan, (taking it easy thats is) then from there it would be a breeze.

coming out early (after 5 weeks)

holy sheepshit! that's quite a vacation...

Last summer we were in for 5 1/2 weeks, planned on 8 but due to a few unfortunate circumstances we had to pull out early.

[color:red][edit to add]

I keep forgetting the rumor in Ottawa was I went to rehab not canoeing, my review never got posted in the travel forum either, I'm not the best writer so I assumed that was the reason.

Edited by Guest

I didn't know you drank. We'll have to sit down to a few pints some time. :D

I didn't know you drank. We'll have to sit down to a few pints some time. :D

Yeah. I've been known to tip a few back every once in a while. Sounds good to me. Friday night perhaps? I'll get the first round.

[color:blue]THIS JUST IN:

High Plains Drifter have been added to the bill!

This is a two-pronged bonus. First of all it means we get to groove to the stylings of High Plains Drifter. Second of all it means Jay and the boys are guaranteed to be at the festival and they're a fantastic bunch of guys to party with! :D

Photo24.jpg

High Plains Drifter have been added to the bill!

This is a two-pronged bonus. First of all it means we get to groove to the stylings of High Plains Drifter. Second of all it means Jay and the boys are guaranteed to be at the festival and they're a fantastic bunch of guys to party with!

Thanks guys.. we're very excited to be apart of this show, we're going to be performing new material and hopefully with a larger ensemble. Seeing that Mark Wilson is also playing that night, I'm sure they'll be some wild collaborations. I had a great time at LYS last year, that was until my VW blew it's Transmission!

High Plains Drifter is getting booked around this summer, check out our website.. www.myspace.com/highplainsdrifting music coming soon..

j