Jambands.ca

Red Sox Fan Bashing Blue Jays Fans on Sox Forum

Jaimoe

Remember 2001? Jays were 2 games back as the season wound down, swept a series in New York, came home to 20 000 and got swept by the D-Rays. The bostonians are right, "Jays fans" suck. David wells said something about it, and he got booed out of town. Hell, even when they were winning, Winfield still thought the place could use a little noise. Ahh well...

True enough, but the ones representing all jays fans on the internet are dumb. I know this cuz I frequent the MLB.com message boards and the Jays fans on there, which are no doubt the same as the ones invading the Red Sox board, are stupid. Its true. Ive argued with them many times. I keep asking them to stop making us all look like maroons but they stick together as a team of idiots.

Actually, I find this whole issue interesting. A host on the fan the other day was trying to figure out why the Jays dont draw nearly as much as they should. Ive always felt that its pretty f'n remarkable that a ball team could sell out even half their games, let alone a whole season, regardless of who they are. I mean, thats a crapload of people to commit to anything.

What makes the lack of attendance even more confusing is that the Jays used to regularly draw 35 thousand at the old CNE. I think part of the reason why people don't go to the games is that the demographic of the GTA has changed. The Strike didn't help peoples' attitudes towards baseball either.

The Jays have really good TV ratings so fans are watching, hence my comment about the Jays having a good fanbase across Canada. But in the GTA, the fanbase may have move on to different sports or died off.

I wasn't joking at all. I have been a Bluejay fan all my life and I see about 3 games a year. I use my Dad's seats which cost about $100 total. That is a lot of money to spend on a team that is not going to be competitive. Just because people don't show up to games, does not mean that they don't like their team, it just means they want to spend $150 elsewhere. If you prove to people you are a winning team people will show up, if you are going to be a 3rd place team for 10+ years, don't expect the place to be sold out.

You can get good tickets for $23 bucks on the 100 level on most nights. I have a flex-pack and my seats are $38. You don't need to spend $100 bucks per seat. Thinking that it is expensive to go to games is a bad reason not support the Jays. You can even get 500 level flex packs which are really cheap.