Jambands.ca

Join Together!

Dr_Evil_Mouse

LOL, well it may seem that way, but I only mention things I do have & say nothing if I don't. Buying a computer with a 360 GB HDD didn't help either. I've actually tried to stop downloading until I got all my CDs organized (in cases with covers) so far I still have 12 full spindles (50 disc per) to go through, as well hundreds of paper sleeved CDs (lets not talk about my hard drive). I did take my email off my trade list to slow things down but I forsee an intervention coming my way about my trading and downloading.

Sadly, the DVD I mentioned above doesn't seem to work, even on my computer (I wanted to copy it), so it looks like I gotta try & get another copy off the guy again, now this guy (Rev. Jim) has everything & anything on DVD, I know Stoned Phillips will concur with me on this.

I have a serious lack of Who in my opinion, handful of live shows, some vinyl,cassettes,CDs & no legit DVD releases, I think they'll be moved to the top of the list.

I really want to get Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 & Live at the Royal Albert Hall.

I really want to get Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 & Live at the Royal Albert Hall.

Get the latest Isle Of Wight since it's a significant upgrade in video quality, not to mention the explosive DTS audio. I believe the Albert Hall concert is from 2001 and is good for showing off latter day Townshend lead guitar. He's really evolved as a guitarist. Also, the re-release of The Kids Are Alright is phenominal. DTS audio plus tons of great bonus features like iso-cameras and interviews, not to mention the theatical aspect ratio of, I believe, 2:35:1.

Edited by Guest

^ what he said.

I haven't seen the Albert Hall show, but would vouch for both of the others. The Isle of Wight dvd comes with a brilliant interview with Townshend from recently, with the original filmmaker from the Isle of Wight show. Among other things, Townshend makes the observation that smashing things like hotel rooms up is "very, very important."

I'm pretty sure Esau has memorized the VHS of The Kids Are Alright - since it's aired on TV thousands of times since 1979. But, that new re-release freaking kicks ass. Listening to Moon's drumming through DTS audio felt like I was being assaulted, especially on Who Are You.

:) - I used to have an old Beta of TKAA that had nearly disintegrated before retirement. You're right - the reissue really went the extra mile in terms of tightening up the sound and picture.

Plus, I'd never seen the film in it's original and intended aspect ratio, which really adds to the excitement and energy of the performances.