Jambands.ca

Mike Roth's take on Leaf fans at Ecklund's

Booche

Wow. You would think he worked in my office and listened to Laugh fans jabber at Sens fans. I guess these idiots are everywhere. Great rant because it's true. Let those fuggers have it.

However, what annoys me most about Leafs fans is their thin skin….Leafs fans can dish out major attitude with the best of them but they can`t take it when it`s fed back to them.

They love to get in your face when the Leafs are beating your team, but if your team happens to beat them to a pulp, the way Ottawa has done all this year, they get their back up and tell you to shut up and tell you regular season games mean nothing.

One problem with that argument….Ottawa is 7-0 against Toronto this season….3 or 4 wins against Ottawa and the Buds might be in the playoffs…Instead, they are on the outside looking in.

Leaf fans also tell me that the Sens can go ahead and win the Stanley Cup but it won`t mean a thing because they will not have had to the face the Leafs en route to the championship.

Another weak argument….Hard to beat you in the playoffs when you ARE NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Edited by Guest
Changed title

Of course I hope the Sens win the cup this year but there's a good chance they won't. Same for every team. What's really going to suck though is coming into work the day after that happens and having to listen to all the Leaf fans who've been quiet all year suddenly find their voices and laugh their asses off.

Meanwhile, the best they can do is forward me fake press releases about Domenic Hasek and make fun of Wade Redden.

I love this part the best:

They love to get in your face when the Leafs are beating your team, but if your team happens to beat them to a pulp, the way Ottawa has done all this year, they get their back up and tell you to shut up and tell you regular season games mean nothing.

One problem with that argument….Ottawa is 7-0 against Toronto this season….3 or 4 wins against Ottawa and the Buds might be in the playoffs…Instead, they are on the outside looking in.

I was out last Saturday and met some people for the first time. After the usual introductions and some friendly chatting it was revealed that they were Leaf fans and a few of my friends were Hab fans.

Within minutes the 93 playoffs were brought up.

"We would have won if the Leafs played the Habs"

"The Leafs were a team of destiny"

"Gretzky got away with murder"

Oh God my head!!!!

Drop it Leaf fans... DROP IT!!!!

Edited by Guest

"The Leafs were a team of destiny"

I cant tell you how many times I have heard that one but the people who deliver always here my retort.

"Yeah' date=' destined to lose."

[/quote']

and you would think the team of destiny would be the team who won 11 OT games and went on to win The Cup...

I wonder who they were.

However, what annoys me most about Leafs fans is their thin skin….Leafs fans can dish out major attitude with the best of them but they can`t take it when it`s fed back to them.

Leaf fans also tell me that the Sens can go ahead and win the Stanley Cup but it won`t mean a thing because they will not have had to the face the Leafs en route to the championship.

Another weak argument….Hard to beat you in the playoffs when you ARE NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

And the Senators have done what? Oh yeah, NOTHING. Alls fair between Leaf and Sens fans as far as Im concerned...

Now Habs fans, they could say whatever the feck they want because they have the right.

Hahaha....Even though I'm a Leaf fan I do have the ability to see that there are other teams out there and will even admit that they are better than the Leafs.

I feel the same way, and aside from the obvious economics of it all, its always amused me that the Hockey Hall of Fame is in Toronto.

Man, if you guys couldn't bitch about Leaf fans or the Leafs, what else would you talk about? F*ck, don't these similar threads every week get boring? I guess not. The GREAT AND MIGHTY Ottawa Senators are on their way to win the Stanley Cup once again(so I am told) and all you guys can focus on is the Leafs. And the Candiens are playing great, but all I hear about is the Leafs and how we suck and 1993. Boring!! Just an observation. Let the one-sided rants begin.

Man, if you guys couldn't bitch about Leaf fans or the Leafs, what else would you talk about? F*ck, don't these similar threads every week get boring? I guess not. The GREAT AND MIGHTY Ottawa Senators are on their way to win the Stanley Cup once again(so I am told) and all you guys can focus on is the Leafs. And the Candiens are playing great, but all I hear about is the Leafs and how we suck and 1993. Boring!! Just an observation. Let the one-sided rants begin.

I haven't bitched about Leafs fans in a long time, don't know what you've been reading. Yeah, the Canadiens are definitely playing great, maybe you've seen the 322-post thread in this forum about how great they're doing? The only thing I said about 93 was that a Leafs fan I work with won't let it go.

Anyways, I'll refrain from talking about blue team, they're completely out of my mind. I hope Ottawa beats their opponent on Saturday night and eliminates them. Wonder who that could be?

On a related note, 79 years ago today Ottawa won their last Stanley Cup.

AD

The GREAT AND MIGHTY Ottawa Senators are on their way to win the Stanley Cup once again(so I am told) and all you guys can focus on is the Leafs.

Did you even read my post? Odds are against the Sens winning this year.

Believe me, unless there's a Leafs fan in my face I don't ever think about the Leafs.

Still can't forget the Leaf fans at one of the World Cup of Hockey exhibition games starting a Sens suck chant with five minutes left in the game. They couldn't even drop the partisanship for a Team Canada hockey game.

Still can't forget the Leaf fans *angry* that Ottawa got a franchise.

Would it surprise you that I was cheering for the Leafs against Carolina in '02?

Would it surprise you that I was cheering for the Leafs against Carolina in '02?

Yeah, and piss me off............this even after the 'Canes knocked off the Habs because Michel Therrien is a complete idiot. NICE BENCH PENALTY YOUFUCKINGTOOL!!!!!!!!!

(Hmm, I am obviously still quite bitter about that. Maybe I should get that checked out.)