THE WORD PEOPLE

aka SUBLIMINAL & DJ ?uesquecest

Friday, May 5th

EL MOCAMBO UPSTAIRS

www.elmocambo.ca

www.nufunk.ca

www.myspace. com/phattal

"PHATT al SAVES HIPHOP"

"I'm bringing black music back to the culture of individuality," says Toronto's busiest MC PHATT al, "Black music has been co-opted by corporations so much that it has lost it's edge and lost it's meaning."

PHATT al has been a key member of Punjabi by Nature, Ragga Death, Quartertones, AKA, and LEN - and is currently performing with God Made Me Funky, King Latifah and is a member of LA/NY-based Scheme Team (featuring Divine Styler - who produced the lead single 'Transistor' from al's new album). Recently featured on the newest release's from the Pocket Dwellers', and LEN - and upcoming albums by and Winnepeg's Moses Mayes, PHATT al finds himself at odds with today's Hiphop scene.

"It's a cultural thing, the culture of hip hop stars are putting out shoes, not great records "I'm here to bring back the old-skool, it's a cultural shift I'm bringing about, to bring back meaning to hip hop"

Dividing his time between LA, New York . Montreal and Toronto, PHATT al is at top of his game, with the release of his third album "TRANSISTOR"

check out these links...

www.myspace.com/phattal

www.myspace.com/kinglatifah

www.myspace.com/nufunk

www.akasubliminal.com

www.wordpeople.ca

• 2 weeks later...