Jambands.ca

CL semis- who's slipping home early?!?

Davey Boy 2.0

pretty low-key game although Milan are going to rue their missed opportunities- hit the post in the 15th minute, couple of times they were able to slip in behind the Barce fullbacks but couldn't pull the trigger

nice through ball from Jar-Jar to Giuly though who finished well around the 65th minute or so.

1-0 final and Milan will have to pull out all the plugs in barcelona to have any hope. which is good actually, as one would inagine the reutrn leg will be high flying-ish. hopefully inzagi will be back, although that said, i want barce in the final...

pretty high tempo game eh? Highbury seems so small and compact with both teams right on top of each othher, and the pace of the action last night was incredible. amazing it continued for 90 minutes really. I wonder if the emirates stadium will be similar in size, pitch-wise

the return legs of both games are going to be very exciting, methinks

Villareal has a good sized staduim. Rangers played there in the first knockout round.

I thought it was an awesome game, as have all the games Aresenal have played so far in CL. They were right on top of Villareal the whole game. I must admit I dont like watching them pass the ball around inside the penalty area. Id play the odd angle shot and hope it bounces off someone or something. They keep losing the ball with the 3 foot passes, but the one touch passes are nice to watch. To bad the Premier League isnt that type of game of Aresenal would definatly be on top.

coupla quick points-

the emirates stadium is going to be Arse's new stadium, next year i believe (unless they're using the same contractors as those working on the new Wembley, in which case it'll be a couple of years beofre the new stadium's open)

" Id play the odd angle shot and hope it bounces off someone or something. " - that's usually how Pires scores! didn't see him get too many off though last night, but yeah point taken about messing around with the ball in the area

'To bad the Premier League isnt that type of game of Aresenal would definatly be on top." i'd reckon that that's how they gained the record for most games without a loss a season or two ago, it's just the injuries and gap left in midfield with Viera's exit that kept them from doing well at the start of the year. oh yes, and Sol's mental collapse....

how about the officiating then? That Gilberto foul early on should definately have been a penalty, but i loooooved how the ref wasn't falling for any of the dives, i wish all refs were like that