Jambands.ca

Dickey Betts & Great Southern @ Ottawa Bluesfest

NewRider

Not to change the subject, but you guys still dealing with the whole lawn chair issue? I haven't been to the Ottawa Blues fest in a year or two, but I do remember the whole battle between the lawn chair people and standers. As a stander, I'm on your side. That lawn chair shit would drive me nuts...

Great - more amazing Allmans songs butchered by the Great Drunk himself. Enjoy the mess Ottawa.

Funny thing is, that I walked into the last Dickey Betts show thinking that he was washed up... But he kicked ass.. He was much more personable than any banter by Greg Allman or Warren Haynes.

I think him going solo put the fire under him to get clean (er) put on a wicked show...

It sure didn't the times I saw him. Missed every solo he took, and thats funny too Jay cause I heard he did the same at the Opera house (missed every solo he took). I loved Dickey but his playing as gone way down.

Greg has never been one for on-stage banter. And Warren will say "How y'all doin?" about 15 times a show. Dickey may be personable, but it sure doesn't make up for sucking.